wJan 5, 2007


Annnnnnd done.

Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters has been updated. Even though I'm not going for a specific daily word count (my New Year's Resolution was to write 3 times per week, no specific word count), the writing is still going to be mostly bad, in my opinion. Still, though, I'm about to write what I consider to be a pretty dramatic scene, and it will drive the plot for at least a couple of weeks' worth of writing. Does anyone still keep up with this story? I don't know.

I've also noticed that most of the scenes take place at night. Although, I guess this makes sense, as they're ghost hunting.

Also, I really need to find a way to use a scanner. I am constantly drawing these characters in the margins of my notebooks during class. Even though I'm a crappy artist, I think it would be cool to post them so that everyone could see how I see them.

Political Commentary
I found yesterday's editorial in the Washington Post by George W. Bush sickeningly amusing. He requests line-item veto power so that he can reign in Democratic spending. (Amusement derived from almost $400 billion spent on a very poorly-planned war in Iraq)
Also sadly funny: the guy who was all for the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military has "changed his mind after meeting with gay servicemen." "These conversations showed me just how much the military has changed, and that gays and lesbians can be accepted by their peers," Shalikashvili wrote in an opinion piece in Tuesday's New York Times. It's like, once he's aware that they're actually people, and not strange spawns of Satan who hate God, it's a huge revelation, and now it's okay to accept people for who they are, instead of ignoring part of what makes them who they are.

Other
I was going to write up all kinds of squee because I watched the Revolutionary Girl Utena movie (LOVE) this afternoon, but I think that will wait until I'm in a better mood to make it all coherent.
I'm going to go to Madison this weekend. I'll be going down some time on Saturday, and returning on Sunday. I have already checked out the audio books containing radio broadcasts of Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back (with Mark Hamill and authentic Star Wars sound effects!) for my journey. I also intend to stop at every bookstore I see. Why am I going to Madison for the weekend? Oh, I don't know....(Antoine gets back on Saturday, :D)
Next week, I think that I work a grand total of 7 hours, and only on Monday. (I could write a book on how absurd my work schedule is, but whatever. It's better than nothing, yes, but is it, really? I'll probably stay in town anyway, though. My mom is having a retirement party on the 11th, and if I stick around, there's a higher probability that she might buy me things, like clothing. Also, I can use the public library much more often. Seriously, I'm typing up a list of everything I watched/read over vacation, so that you, the blog-readers, can behold it in awe. Right now, I'm loving the Fushigi Yugi manga series. I can't find volumes 4 and 5, though! I'm checking another branch of the library tomorrow....*prepares to intimidate the bookshelves*

Current Music: None. I never listen to music at home. I don't know why.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:33 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

AMEN to ALL Of that Sista

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:58 AM, January 05, 2007  

I actually just finished #4, but if I could borrow 5, that would be AWESOME.

Has Antoine called you yet? We want to go to Real Chili with you guys for dinner tomorrow night! Bring the Sailor Moon tape, too! (please) 'Cause I just finished watching the 9th tape today, and I'm pretty sure there's still more, so I don't think tape 10 contains just extras.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:46 PM, January 05, 2007  

OM'Toine!
-Steph

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 PM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment