wDec 9, 2006


okay, i'm going to bed for real so i can get lots done tomorrow!

I've been burning through episodes of the anime 'Nana' as though they were crack. SO ADDICTING.

So, apparently the new version of Blogger is out. I am unable to switch my account over, though, because one of my blogs (this one!) is "[a] very large blog. (More than a couple thousand posts + comments.)" How many posts does this blog have? 3,982. This post will be 3,983. :D

The dark mood I've mentioned in the past couple posts has only intensified with time, and was particularly bad yesterday. I don't know why. I also don't like writing about it on the Internet very much. I do write about it elsewhere, though, so I guess that's good. Writing always helps, even if only I will ever see it.

Tonight, I went out for dinner at The Great Dane with Antoine and some of his friends, which was both delicious and fun.

This afternoon, Gretchen helped me (she claims she only pointed out things I had already said myself, but whatever) develop a thesis for my American Lit paper. I felt immensely better after that.

I had planned on being more productive this evening...I feel very sluggish and tired, though, despite having just downed an entire can of Diet Vanilla Pepsi. Perhaps sleep would be the best option, and I can start early in the morning.....

Oh! I decided to go with the Netflix account. Bethany left a comment in my LiveJournal with lots of information, including the differences between the Netflix and Blockbuster accounts which were extremely helpful. So! What's on my queue right now?
I already watched and returned "As You Like It" (which was absolutely unbearable...I love Shakespeare, but well-made movies are preferred! Luckily, Kenneth Branagh is producing a new version that'll come out next year, bwaha).
The line-up includes:
Twelfth Night (transplanted to the Victorian era, just like A Midsummer Night's Dream - hopefully I like it just as much!
A Streetcar Named Desire (we read this for American Lit, and watched clips in class and I loved it, so I figure I should just see all of it)
Season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I used to watch it randomly when it was on TV, back when I watched Dawson's Creek, and I loved it, but never watched it regularly. I figure that I should)
Season 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender (I've seen some with my nephew Dylan, who likes it. Also, everyone and their mom gives it excellent reviews
MirrorMask
Brick (So I can make my friends in Green Bay watch it with me over break!)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (There are some great voice actors in the English version! Edward James Olmos, Uma Thurman, Mark Hamill, Patrick Stewart)
My Neighbor Totoro
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

Any suggestions? Let me know! Otherwise I'll turn to my To-Do List, :D

Current Music: 3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:22 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Avatar is definitely t3h shit.

I was thinking about getting a netflix account myself, except being in the dorms I feel like that wouldn't work as well. Maybe when Gordon and I get married.

I just received a call from a house fellow who proceeded to yell a lunch invitation without telling me who he was. It took me a few awkward exchanges to figure it out. I HATE it when people other than you, Gordon, and my mom don't introduce themselves on the phone or instant messenger. It's so conceited of them to think that they should be worldly identifiable just because of their voices. I would forgive them if they just forgot, but I'm sure that's not the case.

By Blogger Steph, at 12:27 PM, December 09, 2006  

Also, you actually probably could get a Netflix account in the dorms. The girl on LiveJournal who was giving me advice lives in a dorm (or maybe an apartment? I can't remember). The movies come in an envelope, not in a package. They would fit in those box-things we had in Liz Waters.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:33 PM, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment