wDec 25, 2006


In church, I told Olivia "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" was a badass Christmas carol. My vocabulary scandalized her.

I'm in the middle of 4 good books, and only one of them is a manga.
I'm so full I feel like I could die by sheer force of will.
This is the first Christmas I've ever had where I haven't had to ask myself, "Wow, I wonder if this holiday would feel different if I knew there was someone who cared about me in a way that isn't familial nor friendship."
All in all, it's been a badass Christmas.

And, I just shared a decent conversation with my 'slightly' intoxicated brother, who is home from Los Angeles, which went like this:
"What's that scythe over there from?" (he points to the plastic scythe next to my dresser)
"Halloween, freshmen year. Back in the good old days before they started charging admission to get on to State Street on Halloween."
"What?"
"Now, on Halloween, they charge $5 for someone to get on State Street."
"They can't do that. It isn't legal."
"I know. It sucks."
"Get some balls, Jackie. Fight the system. That's what I did when I went to school there." He walks away in disgust.

I fail....except when it comes to fighting the system so as to procure a room in which Anime Club can conduct its business, :D

Here is the Christmas BSG thing I mentioned the other day....I figure that you guys will only watch it if you don't have to travel anywhere on the internets. Watch it, it's funny!




Also, what is up with people becoming almost combative when they start interrogating me on what I'm going to do with my majors after I graduate. Is it any of your business whether or not it's a "real" job?! I swear, most of the time, the only reason I want to be "successful" is so that I can answer questions like these with an air of superiority and say, "Yeah, you frickin' frick, that's right. Anything else you want to know?!"

'Cause that's what Christmas is all about.

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:48 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment