wNov 7, 2006


ELECTION NIGHT

7:44 pm: We're having an election party at my house! Creighton, Carolyn, Antoine, Louise, and I are camped out in the living room watching C-SPAN. We'll see how much English homework I get done tonight, :) Because pizza and Creighton's weird "crunch cake," and Kit Kats are what Election Day is all about.

THE BLOG WILL BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY WHEN I HAVE THINGS TO SAY.

So be happy, :)

8:50 pm: Herb Kohl has already been declared the victor of the Wisconsin Senate race (and nobody was surprised). A little over 50 precincts are reporting out of 3597. Right now, the ban on gay marriage, NO is winning - 68% to 32%. Additionally, in regards to the non-binding advisory to reinstate the death penalty, No is winning 59% to 41%.

8:58 pm Now there's 120 precincts reporting, and it flipped - for the ban on gay marriage, Yes is winning by 60%. Death Penalty is also winning by 56%.
FOX News already called the Governor's race of Jim Doyle. They're probably right, but I'd say it's too early to tell. Reporting precincts say Doyle and Green are tied, 49% each. Kagen is beating John Gard, 52% to 48%.

9:14 pm The networks are already calling the gay marriage amendment for "Yes." :/ That makes me really, really sad.
We're watching ABC now - my political science professor is there - one of the pollster guys crunching the numbers and freaking out about it. I don't know if he's going to be on the air or not later - I'll let you know if he is!
My love for George Stephanopoulus is carrying me through my dismay about the Marriage/Civil Unions ban passing. Seriously, I don't even want to think about how that's going to hurt the state.
Democrats are doing all right in winning the governorships and hopefully the House (still need to win a few key races), but the Senate's still up the air.
Jim Doyle and Steve Kagen are still beating their Republican opponents, although by pretty narrow margins thus far.

10:04 pm It's time to watch The Daily Show/Colbert Report live, :)
They're calling the Wisconsin Governor's race for Jim Doyle.
I LOVE STEPHEN COLBERT.

10:23 pm Who knew?! Dan Rather is actually funny! (He was on The Daily Show)

11:11 pm Mmmm, Senate?
I feel so tired and crap-like right now. I think I got 5ish hours of sleep last night. I'm way behind on Ghost Hunters and probably will never have time to catch up. And now I have two papers to work on....and a Shakespeare exam. What the hell.

Current Music: C-SPAN anchor patronizingly answering phone calls

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 7:51 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

=( Over half of Wisconsin disgusts me. And you really got my hopes up when I read the 68-32 spread early in the evening.

By Blogger Steph, at 10:40 PM, November 07, 2006  

Yeah, one of the first things I did when I got up this morning was to get online and find election results. I briefly considered crying, then decided to just be pissed off at Wisconsin. I AM pleased at the Democrats taking the House, I always liked it better when one party controlled each part of Congress, it seemed a little less frighteningly homogeneous. Thanks for the blog and all the support and stuff, did you see the article in one of the Madison papers (madison.com)about people who walked out of Mass during those prerecorded things? I was going to send you the link but ran out of time.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 9:44 AM, November 08, 2006  

Steph: I was excited too, although I should've known something was wrong, as the death penalty was also looking like it would get voted down. I think the first precincts reported in must have been predominantly liberal or something.

Gretchen: No, I hadn't seen that in the newspaper! Good for them. Also, we don't know for sure yet who controls the Senate - it could very well be the Democrats! I'm not sure if I like it better or not when each house is controlled by a different party, but I know I definitely like it better when there's a split between the President and Congress.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 2:36 PM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment