wNov 27, 2006


3 more weeks of class, and then 1 of finals. :/

The holiday weekend was a whirlwind of activity, but it's now over.
On Friday, I went in for work at ShopKo at 4:30 am. The store that I work at is one of the smaller versions of the chain. Despite this, we still had a crapload of business on Friday, even compared to last year. Last year, there were 11 people standing in line to swarm the door when it was unlocked. This year, one of my managers lost count at 180.
Saturday was similar in that I went in at 6:00, and the store was having a 6-hour sale. For the first two hours, there were practically no customers and nothing to do. After that, though, there weren't enough people working and it was just awful.

I sort of regret working because it made me insufferably crabby both Friday and Saturday nights (Seriously, on Saturday night, I fell asleep at Buffalo Wild Wings despite being at a table with 10 other people and 10 football games on various surrounding TVs). Still, making money is nice.

Antoine brought his Nintendo Wii with us, and I started a game of Zelda: Legend of Twilight. I think it's a lot of fun. Luckily, Antoine does too, because that's what occupied his waking hours while I was working, :)

We ate lots of good food - at my relative's on Thanksgiving, ordering from Kroll's, and food made by my mom. My mom is almost retired - how weird is that! She only has 3 shifts left at the hospital, and then she'll be done for good. It's really weird to think about.

It was nice to spend time with my family and my friends, :)

I felt really disgusting yesterday - probably from a weekend of eating too much. I've started today to keep track of what I'm eating again, and hopefully this point-system will help me out a lot.

I do have to say that coming back to Madison this time, it really felt like coming home. It's strange to think that Green Bay doesn't feel like home any more. Well, that's not entirely true. It feels like home, but a home I've outgrown, like how when I take out my old dolls or toys, they still make me smile, but I'm ready for something else.

I need to start preparing for my next American Lit paper (hopefully it's not due next Monday, but I think it might be? Frickin' A) and preparing for exams, but at least for today and probably tomorrow, my time will be occupied by catching up in all of my readings.

Current Music: Evil and a Heathen - Franz Ferdinand

Labels: , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 2:31 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

OH my gosh, i totally know what you mean. I really felt alien at home this time (even with the crazy stuff going on in Michigan). I really have no interest going home for Christmas because I love being on my own and doing whatever I want. I mean, if it wasn't for my rents and a few good friends, i probably would have died a long time ago.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:01 AM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment