wOct 2, 2006


Yeah, 3 am....

Anime Club was kind of fun last night. I held an Organization Meeting before club to decide how to raise money for prizes for the costume contest we'll be having Halloween weekend. Also, this guy doing some marketing for Funimation came with some free Fullmetal Alchemist posters and sampler DVDs for the club members. If nothing else, people were really excited about the free stuff, so I guess that's good.
Also, there were quite a few extra sampler DVDs (with the first episode of 4 different series) and this other sampler DVD for the Funimation TV channel. I put them on a table next to our front door in the living room, so any guests we have over can enjoy them. If any of you blog readers would like one, or both, let me know! I need to get rid of them, but I want them to spread Anime Joy.

I find this extremely amusing. The U.S. Constitution, version 2.0

This weekend wasn't quite as productive as I had planned for it to be, but I think that's because I was behind before it even started. Nevertheless, I was able to get my homework assignments finished. I'm working on making a complete set of flashcards of everything I need to know for my Weather & Climate exam, but my back is hurting so much that as soon as I'm done writing here, I'm going to sleep. I'm still the most worried about my Political Science exam, which is on Wednesday. I don't really know how to study for it, and even though our professor told us not to be scared of the oral examination, I still am. I took notes furiously during class on Thursday when he explained what the test would be like; my notes filled an entire page, for about 10 minutes' worth of talking. I'm really hoping my conversation skills and ability to show no fear when all I'm thinking is "Oh God, oh God, I want to die!" will be assets to me.

My mother's birthday is on Thursday this week, which is part of the reason why I'm going home this weekend. Unfortunately, my mom is impossible to shop for. I consider myself a pretty easy person to shop for: I am a geek, I love books, and I love cute things, and it's pretty easy to get all or some of these things for pretty cheap (ie: Cinnamoroll). My mom reads more books than I do, but she only reads mysteries. Also, she has absolutely no interest in actually owning books, and prefers to rent everything from the library. Sometimes my sister buys DVDs for my mom, but I think my mom is very adverse to using the DVD player because she thinks it's more confusing than it is. Sometimes I buy nice-smelling lotion or soap for my mom, but I don't think she uses it. I'm not terribly creative when it comes to crafts, and even if I was, I don't think I would have time to make anything before I leave immediately after my Shakespeare exam on Friday. If anybody has any suggestions, let me know! The only other things I can think of that my mom likes are doing Sudoku (I think she already has a few books' worth of puzzles, but I guess I could always find a new one?) and watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network.

Does this entry even have a point? I don't know; I guess they never really do.

Current Music: Truth - Revolutionary Girl Utena OST
scribbled mystickeeper at 3:09 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Well, Rachael Ray has tons of cookbooks out there- I don't know if your mom actually enjoys cooking, or just likes watching the show- but cookbooks are good books to own, because you often come back to the sane recipes and stuff, whereas with a mystery novel, once you've read it, you generally know what happens and don't really need to read it again.

Yup.

Good luck on your exams!!!

By Blogger Gretchen, at 5:15 AM, October 02, 2006  

You could buy her a new Santoku Furi knife, one of the ones Rachel Ray uses and endorses. My mom doesn't even like Rachel Ray and she owns one and we both really like it. It can be anywhere from $40 on sale for one, to $200 for a set. Perhaps it is something you'd like to work out with Julie/Ed/James.

Plus it's a Japanese knife.

By Blogger Steph, at 10:23 PM, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment