wOct 7, 2006


Oh shits, the boy-princes are going to die soon!

Okay, it's been a while and I feel like writing in here. I'm lying on the couch right now, watching Laurence Olivier's "Richard III" with my dad. This is a "mundane update" post. I long for the day when Blogger fully implements its "tag" system.

My tests went-semi alright, I think...I'm really glad that they're done. I was given my grade right after the Political Science oral exam, and oddly enough, I think that I did the best on this exam. Weather & Climate went meh, and the Shakespeare exam felt pretty horrible, although that might have been from the lack of sleep. I felt rushed during the whole exam....we just had to provide and F-ton of examples and explanations, and I felt like 50 minutes was not enough.
Why is it that for the last few semester, I perform the worst grade-wise in what are my favorite classes? Oh, well. I'll have to try harder.

As soon as I was done, Chad and I left in my car for Green Bay. Weird traffic put us behind, but the leaves on the trees were all changing color. Immediately after arriving home, my parents and I went over to my sister's house for dinner. I called Antoine so that the kids could say hello to him over the phone, and my mom was insufferably embarassing. Both my mom and my sister didn't really say too much over the phone when I told them that I had a boyfriend, but now it's like now that I'm home, they want to know everything ever. I guess it's kind of amusing in its own right, :) Also, Amelia can't pronounce his name, so she refers to him as "Ann-wohn."

Immediately after that, I went to Ryan's house for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Holy crap, those episodes were so good! I love this show and it's psychological messing with the characters' minds. SO GOOD. Ryan and I were shrieking and freaking out the entire two hours. It was glorious. My thoughts can be found here. Dave came home this weekend, too! So then Chad and Dave came over. Holy crap, that South Park episode about World of Warcraft was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

At that point, I was falling asleep, so I came home. Honestly, I think there's something wrong with me in regards to books. As soon as I got into my bedroom when I got home, I started pulling books off of the shelves to bring back with me to school. There are now three piles of books that go up to my knee, I think. (And there are still more that I want to bring!) I love books. ;_;

Today has been kind of lazy thus far, but it's been a nice break. I woke up pretty late, catching up on sleep lost to studying, and then my dad and I went over to my sister's house for lunch and most of the afternoon. And, now I'm here. I should probably get cracking on my homework. I have a small mountain of reading to get done. Reading for school is so weird. I love the things I have to read for school, but I'm always really worried that I'm not retaining the important things. :/

Anyway. I fear that I'm not really in a good mind-set to write in the blog right now, but I guess that it's kind of late now. I feel really good now that those exams are done, and life is pretty nice right now. If I can slog through a lot of homework, I think this will be a good week.

Okay, after reading Richard III and Richard II, which take place at the end and the beginning of the Wars of the Roses, respectively, I really want to read stuff about this period in history. Either that, or play a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics again, :)


Current Music: Laurence Olivier in a great soliloquey as Richard III
scribbled mystickeeper at 5:48 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment