wOct 5, 2006


It's almost the weekend!

A Political Rant!
More articles are being published saying that Dennis Hastert (Speaker of the House of the U.S. Representatives) knew about former Congressman Foley's "problem" as early as 3 years ago. I usually find that the political issues that outrage the rest of America don't have much of an affect on me, but for whatever reason, this one just blows my mind. I absolutely do not understand how THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE - one of the most powerful people in the entire nation - could not act in this situation. That he would not, at the very absolute minimum, say, "Congressman Foley: As your boss, I am ordering you to seek treatment for your pedophilia, as there are teenage congressional aides teeming throughout the Capitol." Or maybe, you know, fire his ass for making sexually explicit comments and suggestions to teenage boys.

But did he do this? No. Instead, he thought it would be a great plan to play politics with the issue. Because essentially, that's exactly what he did. He didn't want to mess around with it because it would hurt The Party (oh, anything but that! We can continue to put young people in danger and let him remain in power, but for God's sake let's not damage the GOP's reputation!), so he swept it under the rug.

And now, conservative pundits have the audacity to accuse Democrats of playing politics with this issue because it was revealed by the media just as the midterm election season is about to heat up? Excuse me, I don't believe the Democratic Party was the one keeping a sick fucker in power because they didn't want to the public to become aware of this stain on their reputation.

Seriously, I am so disgusted. I hope that the Republicans lose the House. I hope they lose the Senate. And in 2008, I hope they lose the presidency. I'm sick of their crap.

If the Democrats don't attack the shit out of the Republicans and win at least one of the two houses of Congress back, I will be so disgusted that I won't even know what to do with myself. I really don't know how the Democratic Party could eff it up and not win at this point.

Oh, wait, I do - Because, to win, the Democrats would have to get their shit together and actually energize their base. Inspire the nation. I understand that the Democrats are the minority party and are essentially incapable of getting anything done because they lack the power to do so. But at the very least, they have the power of words. They need to capitalize on the outrage people are feeling: over this Foley scandal, over the Jack Abramoff scandal, over the Tom DeLay scandal, over the Valerie Plame scandal, and and the cover-up of what the situation in Iraq is really like - think what you want about whether or not we should be there, but the Administration could at least be honest with the rest of the nation. All they need to do is reach out, grasp, and win.

Shout out to Ryan, who I'm pretty sure is the only blog-reader who watches Battlestar Galactica
OMG did you watch those first 12 minutes at SciFi.com?! I did today after my Poli Sci exam and they WERE SO GOOD. I LOVE STARBUCK. She has totally passed Lee over as my favorite character.

Also, I started to post more last night but apparently finding all of the pictures I want to include in the post will be more difficult than I thought. So, in the wee early morning hours, you get most of last night's original post.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:17 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

It just amazes me with the politics. It just amazes me! Clinton's indiscretion was NOTHING compared to the scandel of the house. There definitly needs to be an eviction.
OH, and I'm excited now to see the first 12 minutes. MOAH!! SOOOOO EXCITED!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:19 AM, October 05, 2006  

Yeah. I mean, seriously. HOW CAN PEOPLE POSSIBLY CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY REPRESENTS THEM ON MORAL ISSUES AFTER ALL OF THE TERRIBLE THINGS THEY HAVE BEEN REVEALED FOR??? I mean, get it together, people. YOU are electing these power-mad, morally degenerate, warmongering, greedy bastards every time you donate money and cast votes for Republican candidates! Sure, not all of the Democratic politicians are clear and shining examples of moral virtue, but their crimes are nothing compared to the sheer numbers of Republicans who are doing terrible things with the power their constituency has granted them! Oh, America.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 10:03 AM, October 05, 2006  

Gordon was telling me that he was watching the Daily Show the other night, during which they aired the reactions of several people and channels. By far, out of all of the denials, the best was Fox News, which altogether changed Foley's political affililation to Democrat when discussing the piece lol Oh Fox News, you rascals...and by rascals I mean stupid bastards.

I would like to talk to some republicans at this point in time and be like "Are you kidding me? The GOP can do anything except abort babies and you will still support them?" Well, I guess they have a point though, it's better to let all fetuses live, that way you have an excess of alluring 16 year old congressional aides.

That's the funny thing about pedophilia and statutory rape. It doesn't matter what kind of egging on a minor does, you still have to be responsible enough to not have sex with them. While we're at it, let's continue to allow adults, middle aged men particularly, to discredit victims of sexual assault. I think that's what's best for our country. You know, really demolish the self esteem and validity of a human being just to cover your own ass.

*sigh*

By Blogger Steph, at 10:59 AM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment