wOct 18, 2006


Ghost Hunting

I'm really kind of tired right now, and don't feel like writing about things that I want to write about, such as the Lois Lowry lecture (Yes, I took notes) and how I'm apathetic about things I should care about, but still excited about the "smaller things," like that I'm cooking dinner with Antoine tomorrow night, and that Steph is coming over to assess my Halloween costume situation and watch The Office.

But I thought I could at least post and let anyone who might like to know that I'm going to the Ghost Hunting lecture thing on Saturday morning, as part of the Wisconsin Book Festival. I feel kind of obligated to, considering the story I started last November, and will hopefully soon return to. There's a lot of it that sucks and that I would like to tear apart, but however horrible it may be, it was still nice to have something like that to turn to every day. Anyway, here's a description. This is at 11:00 am on Saturday, at the Wisconsin Historical Museum on Capitol Square (which means I can hit the Farmer's Market beforehand!). Like the other events, let me know if you want to come with me! Kristen, Carolyn, and I had a good time seeing Lois Lowry.
At the turn of the 20th century, when religion was besieged by the theory of evolution and a new scientific outlook, a group of reknowned intellectuals was pursuing the paranormal in an attempt to bridge the gap between faith and science. Foremost in the Society for Psychical Research in America was philosopher and psychologist William James, who risked his reputation in this unorthodox pursuit. Blum unearths the history of the group's research, their passionate friendships and debates, as well as their private doubts about the meaning of their work, producing a first-rate slice of cultural history.

Current Music: Final Fantasy Tactics loading music....video games are what zoning-out moods are for.

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:29 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

OMG, I saw Martin Sheen just now (finally). He was on his way to class and was smoking a cigarette. He's kind of short.

I am looking forward to the Lois Lowry report... I hope Jaci and co. went to some of the panels I sent them to...

By Blogger Gretchen, at 4:40 AM, October 20, 2006  

OMF, that is so awesome, Gretchen! It's funny that he was smoking a cigarette - there's an episode in The West Wing when some crap goes down because his character, the President, bums a cigarette off of a reporter on Air Force One.

And I will definitely be letting you know how the Lois Lowry thing went - I think it'll probably be easiest to put all of the Wisconsin Book Festival write-ups into one single post.

Which panels did you send Jaci and co. to?! Maybe I'll see her tomorrow at Neil Gaiman's, ;)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 2:50 PM, October 21, 2006  

Post a Comment