wOct 9, 2006


The End of the Weekend

I have this post that I started making some time last week about my heroes on the docket, and I really want to post it. However, I still need to scrounge around for pictures. And, you know, write it.

The rest of my weekend went pretty well. On Saturday evening, Ryan and I went to Barnes & Noble and got a lot of studying done. I've decided that I am equally productive when surrounded by literature and hot caffeine as I am when I utilize the cages at Memorial Library (Ryan wants me to take pictures of the cages....I'll try and do this some time this week).

Then we had a bonfire in his backyard with Chad and Dave. It was nice to see both Dave and Ryan. I'm used to coming home for the weekend and only seeing my family (which is totally fine! Just saying it's different). We were at Ryan's pretty late - I think I got home around 2:30. Parents can be so funny sometimes - my mom kept asking me what I was doing so late. Does she not remember middle school and high school, when I was out that late every weekend? Oh, parents.

I got my hair cut yesterday. I won't really know what it looks like until I take a shower today, though. Probably noticable to nobody except myself.

Dad and I watched the second "Richard III" movie that I had rented, and wow, I liked this one a lot better. I mean, if you're a purist, then maybe the Laurence Olivier version is for you (it goes on FOREVER!). But why watch that, when you can watch something that should take place in 14th century England set instead in a fascist England of the 1930s? The music was 1930, the style of dress and hair was 1930, but the plot was still the same as before. It was brilliant, and the acting was great. I like Maggie Smith a lot, but I think I was impressioned after watching "The Secret Garden" so many times as a child.
But mostly, there were tanks. People spouting Shakespeare while manning the guns on tanks. So awesome.

I started playing Final Fantasy Tactics last night! I'm limiting myself to no more than 30 minutes per night, and I will be strong! Luckily, FFT is not as conducive to binge behavior as, say, Knights of the Old Republic.
I blame my compulsion to play this game on reading so much Shakespeare. I really think "The Lion War" of the game is based heavily upon the Wars of the Roses (and everyone says, "Well, duh, Jackie!")

Current Music: ticking clock

Edit: Also, I was pretty disgusted with the murder of a Russian reporter who was critical of her country's actions against Chechnya. How can there be free press in a nation where those who speak their mind get shot in elevators?

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:56 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

aw, I'm jealous...you and Chad and Dave and Ryan all home at once. I'm glad you had a fun time though!

By Blogger Jenny, at 9:06 PM, October 09, 2006  

I KNOW!!! It felt incomplete without you! Hope school is going well!
BYE BYE

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:10 AM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment