wOct 3, 2006


Blogging: Destressing, or Avoidance?

OMG
The first 10 minutes of the Battlestar Galactica season premiere have been posted on their website. SHOULD I WATCH IT BEFORE FRIDAY, OR NOT?! Ryan, please advise, as you are my viewing-buddy.

I'm so excited to go home this weekend, if only for the BSG premiere. Ryan's parents are gone, so we're totally going to crank BSG over the surround sound and then spend the rest of the night bitching about every aspect of life ever. Over the summer, this was nearly an every-day activity, and it's been like, a month!

A Shout-Out to Kristy's mom
Shout out to Kristy's mom (or "TM," as she sometimes signs her comments in this blog....TM = The Mom) for sending a caramel apple from Seroogy's to everyone who lives in our house!!! She even wrote our names on them! I already ate mine in a fit of "I am stressed out, so it's okay to eat this even though I'm not terribly hungry right now!"



It was delicious. I need to recommit myself to my personal battle against my weight. I know I'm not horrifically overweight, but I think that I weigh more than I should, and I'd probably feel better about myself if I could lose some more.
So once school stops kicking my ass I kick school's ass and I have my life back under control again, I think I can do it.

Gross
I am seriously very disturbed by this whole Representative Foley thing. I mean, obviously the entire thing is disturbing and wrong, but it just blows my mind that a high school student interning for Congress would even communicate via IM with a Congressman at all - seriously, WTF. I mean, I spent two entire summers working for a political candidate, and I think I saw him three times in total. I would be surprised if he remembered my name. The other people in the office yes, but him? No.
I just don't understand how things like that happen.
Even more horrific were Newt Gingrich's comments that the reason the GOP didn't act upon this despite knowing about it was because they "didn't want to be accused of gay bashing." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is the party who wants to amend the Constitution of the United States of America to say that gay people can't get married, or even have civil unions for no tangible reason other than to drive Republican voters to the polls. So, in review: it's okay to try and pass what is essentially hate-based legislation that affects everyone in the nation and makes it all but impossible to reverse, but it is not okay to bring justice to a sick man in a position of a massive amount of power. I don't even know how you can argue that anybody would have accused the GOP of gay-bashing. Did people accuse people who had been sexually molested by Catholic priests when they were boys of gay-bashing? I don't think so!

And done.
I did have other things to blog about, but I think I should go to sleep.
Status report on the Exam Situation is that my Weather & Climate exam is tomorrow at 11:00. There are still some things I need to study tomorrow morning, but I think it'll be okay. As soon as it's done, I can spend the next 28 hours freaking about the Political Science exam....and after that, English. :/
There are so many things I'd rather be doing. And after this week, I'll never complain about my regular homework load of just reading ever again. I mean, hundreds of pages every night is fine. But this? Noes.

Current Music: Yoru wo Kakeru - SPITZ
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:03 AM
4 comments
4 Comments:

I'm so out of the loop- I hadn't heard anything at all about this Foley thing. BAH, the country is going mad!

Anyhow, caramel apples sound nice, I'm glad you ate yours. I always have trouble with the whole stickiness factor, but what can you do.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 6:46 AM, October 03, 2006  

Glad you enjoyed the caramel apple! I'm just happy it arrived without turning into a melting mess. I mailed them on Saturday when it was sixty degrees and then by Monday, the temp shot up to eighty. Go figure.

The Mom

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM, October 03, 2006  

IT'S CONTAGIOUS!

Kimi to asobu, daremo ni nai shigaichi
me to mega autabi warau
yoru wo kaketeiku, ima wa utanaide
tooku no akari no hou eh kakteiku.

As you're playing in the empty little town
Our eyes meet and we laugh
Keep running against the night, not fighting it now
Towards that distant light, keep running.

By Blogger Steph, at 10:52 PM, October 03, 2006  

WHERE DO YOU GET TRANSLATIONS FOR HONEY & CLOVER SONGS?! I CANNOT FIND THEM ANYWHERE.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:03 AM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment