wAug 27, 2006


An Open Letter to the Computer Geeks Who Read My Blog

Okay, so I'm not sure what happened. I was on my computer last night before going to bed, and it worked fine. Now, however, when I sign on, my desktop background is a standard Dell one, and everything that was on my Desktop is gone. All of my passwords and bookmarks in my Firefox browser are gone. And even the little thingie I clicked on the lower left corner of the screen next to the 'Start' button to make every window minimized is gone. Also, I can't find the AIM program - but I think other programs are there. Like KotOR II and Photoshop - so not all of my programs were deleted.
Whoa - I think I am missing some more programs, though. For example, Winamp is not under my list of programs. Or at least, it's not under the Start menu like it usually is.

My bro-in-law thinks my profile somehow got deleted (although, when I go into Documents & Settings and open the folder that says 'Desktop,' all of the files that were previously on my desktop are in there, snickering at my pissed-ness.

So....yeah. What am I supposed to do?

(Other than taking a sledge hammer to my computer)
scribbled mystickeeper at 10:21 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Take a sledgehammer to your... oh, wait.

That's pretty messed up Jackie. Do you have antivirus software? Try scanning your computer to see if you have something. To get the thing next to the start bar back, right click on the task bar then goto Toolbars and Quicklaunch.

By Blogger Dave, at 12:17 PM, August 27, 2006  

Worth a shot:

1.) Start -> Log Off [current user name]
2.) Log on to the appropriate user (probably named "Jackie," or "Whore")

You may have just been logged into the Admin account instead of your normal one.

By Blogger Gordon, at 3:16 AM, August 29, 2006  

So, my friend Kevin suggested doing a system restore, which is what I did.

Hopefully this will teach me to back up my writing on my removable drive....but I still haven't done that yet, :O

Also, I was lost on the 1984 reference, which is pretty sad as I just finished the book a couple weeks ago.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:28 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment