wAug 27, 2006


Brought to you by 3:00 am omg I'm going to hate myself tomorrow at 9:00

Okay, so I should really go to bed, mostly because I'm pretty hyper/out of it right now, as many of my friends can attest.

So. Yesterday. I drove down here with my parents, my sister, and my brother-in-law. Kevin took us on this different highway for 1/3 of the drive, which was deserted. It was pretty awesome. We ate at Denny's. Mom got crabby but then un-crabbified whilst exclaiming over the beauty of the house 8 million times. We brought all my stuff inside. Dad assembled my desk chair and a shelf thingy. Kevin set up the internets for us (ZOMG, PWN!).

Then my family took Louise and I out for steak. It was pretty tasty. It's been a while since I've had a good steak. I mean, my mom makes good steak, but it's not the same. After that, my family left. Louise and I were kind of like, well what the hell do we do now? So we called around and Carolyn, Creighton, Antoine, and Patrick came over. We discussed obscene and obscure things in my room and mostly Carolyn put my bookshelf together, which kicked ass.
I was pretty out of it by the end of the night.

Today....pretty much flew by. In the morning, Louise and I made a three-pronged attack to Walgreen's, Copp's, and Border's. I have enough food to survive for a few days, but I was kind of rushed in grabbing things because we wanted to make it back for when the Dish Network installation man showed up. He kind of took forever, but now we have dish cable. I don't know how to work it yet. I'll figure this out at some point.

Then....then, the same people from last night plus Steph and Gordon went to go see Snakes on a Plane. Some people said it was okay. I wasn't a huge fan - I get uncomfortable when grotesque things are done for shock value. Like, I'm okay with gore - Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, as is Chuck Palahniuk. 28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies, as is the Alien series. But I was like O_o during some moments of the movie. Of course, the badass Samuel L. Jackson parts made up for it.

Then...we went to Denny's (again). Then, we went to an Anime Club gathering, but sat and talked in a study area instead watching anything. Then we went to Steph and helped her in her mad rush to put things on doors for her residents. Then I sucked at driving, but didn't kill anyone. Then Louise and I came home and discovered Paul inside the house. He's going to like, capture weasels in a forest somewhere tomorrow or something (wtf, wildlife ecology majors). Not real sure.

Annnnnd I guess that's about it, really. I think tomorrow's also going to be busy, so I wanted to get the incoherent blog entry over with now.

My room is still a mess, so pictures are yet to come.

Imminent To-Do List: [edited Monday, 4:08 pm!]
- Buy the books you're going to buy online
- Buy the books you're going to buy at the book store
- Figure out when to go to a Student Org training meeting
- Get Anime Club to be under your contact info and find other people to write their names down

- Plan for the Student Org Fair
- Figure out how to use the 80 bus route to get to/from campus
- Figure out how to work TV
- Arrange your shit
- Hang badass posters on walls in most badass way possible
- Kick some ass

That should keep me busy for a week or so.

Hopefully, once life slows down a little bit, I'll be able to blog about concepts and things instead "This is my day, bam-bam-bam." Although, my blogging style tends to change a lot during the school year. Whatever. I'm going to bed.

Current Music: Stairway to Heaven - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:57 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Dude,
MARTIN SHEEN is attending MY new university, and one of his majors is English!!! I thought of you.

Send me your guys' mailing address?
Gretchen

By Blogger Gretchen, at 7:48 AM, August 28, 2006  

Holy shit, for real?! That's so awesome! I had heard that he wanted to go back and get his college education after finishing up on The West Wing, but I didn't kno which college it was. That's really, really awesome.

I'll go email you our address right now.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 10:36 AM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment