wJun 23, 2006


WHERE THE HELL DID JUNE GO?

DUDE. First of all, today I randomly have off from all 3 jobs, and I woke up, wide awake, at 7:30 am, which is earlier than I usually wake up when I work - WTF!!

I think part of the reason I woke up is because I just had the most elaborate dream ever about getting fired from ShopKo. I can't even believe how real it felt, and it was weird, because I normally can't remember my dreams for the life of me. But anyway, when my dream!manager told me I was fired, I felt absolutely horrible inside. It felt real to the point that I was deciding how to update my summer plans on Facebook (because THAT'S the most important thing, after all!). And then I started realizing it wasn't really my fault - it was the fault of the person behind the desk. I was starting to write down how everything had happened so that I could give it back to the managers. When saying why I hadn't defended myself sooner, I was thinking because when you told me, it felt like a dream, like I wasn't awake, because I was so stunned - like a dream... and then I woke up. And realized I still had 3 jobs. When I told my dad about this revelation, he found it extremely amusing: "Your nightmare is real! *old man cackle*"

I think the dream probably came from this customer who semi-accused me of stealing his stuff last night. WTF.

I watched "Whisper of the Heart" last night, and it was really cute. I think the Miyazaki movie it's most comparable to is "Only Yesterday." This one is all grounded in reality, except for the parts about the story of the protagonist, who happens to be a writer. She's a middle school student, and it its heart, the movie is a well-written love story. Watching the feature on the English dub was creepy, though. Ashley Tilsdale (from High School Musical) is in it, as is that kid from 7th Heaven.
A huge focus of the movie is a rewrite of a John Denver song called "Country Road." It sounds like it really work in a Japanese anime, but somehow, it did. You can listen to my favorite version here, without actually downloading it. Just know that the girl singing it is supposed to be tone-deaf. I think she's still pretty good, though! The violinist is her love interest, :) Incidentally, I liked the Japanese lyrics more than the original English ones.

I found this terror plot pretty creepy - I think that a cousin of mine works in the Sears Tower every day, ):

Kristen, are you still alive?!

Lastly, Please enjoy "Han Solo: The Movie." SO FUNNY. My favorite parts are the Chewbacca noises and the "Who's scruffy-looking" / "....What the hell is a nerf-herder?!" exchange.

Apparently when I post before 9:00 am, this is what happens. A link-saturated blog post. There are worse things, I suppose.

Okay, and I will post all of those requested pictures soon. I've taken all of them except one. I'm just lazy BUSY WITH LIFE.

Current Music: Country Road (violin version) - Whisper of the Heart OST
scribbled mystickeeper at 9:04 AM
4 comments
4 Comments:

Wow...that is pretty early, I do have work today and I wasn't awake at 7:30...

See you tomorrow! :)

By Blogger Louise, at 10:47 AM, June 23, 2006  

I watched "Only yesterday" some weeks ago and it was really good! Now I want to watch "Whisper of the Heart" too. Gotta love cute movies.

By Blogger Karin, at 2:17 PM, June 23, 2006  

Karin, let me know if you like it, if you see it! I can't stop thinking about it. I think after I return it, I'll rent it again the next time I see it on the library shelf, :)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:25 AM, June 26, 2006  

I'm alive!

just a little damp :)

pretty much the rest of the city lost power though. Maybe the university has its own generators and what-no, since we didn't lose anything.

My friends' car died (with them in it) on the way to Target--had to push it through knee high water to a high spot in a parking lot. *snicker* poor folks.

<3 KMJ

By Blogger Tas, at 2:18 PM, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment