wJun 26, 2006


What has happened

Ugh, there are so many things that I wanted to do today that I didn't have time for. It's summer; I'm not supposed to feel rushed like this! So, yes, you will have to wait longer for pictures to be posted to this blog. However, I did update the Ghost Hunters blog. Not with a story, but with something. There is a cute little tidbit at the end there, too, so if you had been reading the story, you might want to check that out.

The Internet is the best way to organize your life. If you tell everybody your plans, you will be forced to shame yourself into making them happen. Friday night, Ryan, Jennifer and I devised a list of summer goals so that it doesn't continue to be stagnant. My friends and I end up watching lots of movies because we're too tired from working to be spontaneous. NOW WE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE.

I've also added a summer to-do list on that huge page of books I need to read and anime I'd like to watch. It is here, :O There's not much there yet; hopefully I'll add to it.

Last night, Louise came up and spent the evening with Ryan and I. We went out for Thai food, which was delicious. For most of our meal, we were also the only customers in the restaurant, which was very peaceful. We watched "Blade Runner" and "Advent Children." Blade Runner was pretty weird....The setting was cool and Harrison Ford was badass and Edward James Olmos was cryptic and made cute origami, but I kept falling asleep. I think maybe I'll try watching it after reading Asimov's Phillip K. Dick's "Do Robots Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

When the three of us were in Game Stop in the mall, they convinced me to purchase the video game Knights of the Old Republic II for $19.99. It was so cheap! You may remember my random posts about killing rancors and kicking ass with a lightsaber in hand from last Spring, when I played KOTOR. I guess at least this time, I won't be playing it when I should be studying!

Today, Ryan, Jennifer, and I went to a mass service in Spanish, which was pretty cool. It would have been a lot better if they had announce the numbers of the songs, though, so I could have tried to sing along. I need to work on retaining my Spanish skills somehow. I should read some Spanish fiction.....but there's so many English books that I have to read! Wah.

Anyway, I'm going to go start a new book now. Which is pretty much the best feeling ever.

Current Music: Country Roads - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:11 AM
5 comments
5 Comments:

Actually, I did think it was Asimov. I'll change it just for you!

Right now, I'm starting 'High Five' by Janet Evonovich. My mom just finished book 12 and was telling me about how book 5 was her favorite, so I'm going to keep going. If you haven't heard of the Stephanie Plum novels, they're extremely popular with women in the US. They're about a female bounty hunter in New Jersey, and they are extremely amusing.

I had started reading One L by Scott Turow before that (about some guy's first year of law school), but I think it's too dry to the only book I'm reading right now, so I'll go back and forth between that and High Five.

Ewww, Les Miserables did randomly get dry. I think the worst parts were "And now for a random tangent on Napoleon Bonaparte and his wars!" and the first 150 pags about how good of a person the Bishop was. Is House of Leaves by DiLilo, too?

I also just finished Invisible Monsters by Palahniuk, which was really good.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:24 AM, June 26, 2006  

PKD's books about robots are quite different from Asimiov's ^_^ We Can Build You is one of my favorites. It's more about mental illness than robots - but the Abraham Lincoln and Edwin Stanton robots are neat.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 PM, June 26, 2006  

1) mutton moved to New Zealand to be with ellesdee, a fine fcrunk lady

2) Deathnote is awesome

3) You are never going to read all those books in one summer

4) Monster ^_^

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 PM, June 26, 2006  

Also House of Leaves is not hard to read. It is simply the greatest book ever written, so it is hard to accept.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM, June 26, 2006  

1. That name rings a bell; it all makes sense now.

2. I KNOW. I'm excited for the live-action movie!! The previews are so delightfully creepy.

3. The 'this summer' part of the to-do list only applies to the first little list. Everything listed under "* indicates the medium is already in my possession" is like a "To-Do Before I Die" list.

4. My friend Ryan and I just hit episode 22 and we've been bored with it as of late. However, Louise has restore our faith by giving us vague tidbits about how awesome it gets.

5. Okay, I will add 'House of Leaves' to my TO READ list tonight, :O

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:29 PM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment