wMay 18, 2006


Grey's Anatomy: I get a little spastic. Seriously.

Okay, I try really, really hard not to be esoteric in this blog of mine. I know that for many of you, that is really hard to believe, but I really do try. If I go off on books or anime or video games that you've never read, watched, or played, I at least try to keep you all in mind. I explain the necessary things or explain WHY I like it.

So, please excuse this. (Spoilers for the finale; Don't read it if you haven't seen it and plan on doing so!)

I have tried to forget about Grey's Anatomy since seeing the season finale AND I CAN'T. I wasn't even that obsessed with the show to begin with! Over Christmas break, Kristy and I managed to see this recap episode that summarized the entire first season and half of season two. When we went back to school, I tried to watch it if I wasn't at school and caught most of the episodes. I've missed the last three weeks or so, but then caught the 3-hour season finale. AND HOLY CRAP.
I'm supposed to give my mom a list of things I want for my birthday and all that I can think of to put on the list is the first season of Grey's Anatomy BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!

Poor Izzy!! I was mad at her at first, for doing what she did, but then she had to go and look all nice for 'Prom' and then DENNY, OMG! And even though Alex is a dick, look how gallant he was! He said the perfect thing when not a single other person could, and he scooped her off that bed and held her while she cried and then he and George flanked her going down the stairs; a princess who lost her prince, but still has knights to save her.

And Meredith! I loved how the dog served as a metaphor for her and Derek and I totally bought it hook, line, and sinker too, until their hands brushed over the dog. And then I was like, OHNOTHEYDIDN'T! and then they tried to deny their feelings like they've been doing for almost an entire season and then it was the exchanged look of "for real, let's have sex now" and then they DID and it was WRONG but so right! The real question is....who will find Meredith's panties?!

Also, I've hated Callie up until now, but when she came in and fixed Meredith's dress and gave Derek the look of "eat shit and die," I liked her. I love how this show toys with my emotions. I hate a character with such intense passion that I can scarcely believe it, and two episodes later, they might be my favorite.

I loved that they found a scene for George and Meredith to make up. A lot of huge things happened during the finale, but George and Meredith are okay now. And even though I love George more than anything and I want him to be happy with Meredith even if she wouldn't want it, I'm glad that they're okay.

I really liked the stuff with Cristina, too. The way she freaked out when Burke needed her. It's so human that she can't handle being needed.

More than anything? I loved their interviews with the Chief when he was trying to figure out who cut wire.

Why does season 1 only contain 9 episodes?!

Current Music: Cosy In The Rocket - Psapp
scribbled mystickeeper at 3:25 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I am so in love with this show. It's amazing.

By Blogger NotCarrie, at 7:22 PM, May 18, 2006  

This is why I heart you: I've never even seen this show and even I'M excited about the season finale.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!

By Blogger Gretchen, at 8:25 PM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment