wApr 16, 2006


Easter Weekend

This weekend has felt unreasonably short, although that's probably because I'm comparing it to Spring Break.

On Friday, I spent most of the evening with my father. We ate fish sandwiches from McDonald's and watched a special on torture devices on A&E, as well as Remember the Titans. At that point, it was about 9:00 and I was bored. I called Laurs (Laura) and met her and a couple other people at Dairy Queen. She accompanied me to feed my sister's frickin' frick cat.

As I was not impressed with the haircut I received a few weeks ago, I got it cut again (they actually washed my hair! :O). Life is easier when there are no options beyond putting product in it and just not touching it.

I helped Mom cook manicotti for dinner on Saturday night, before the Easter Vigil mass. She made me wear an apron "so that nothing would splatter all over my clothes." It feels very anti-feminist to say so, but I think aprons are cute!

Easter Vigil mass was very nice. I love the music that we sing that night, and I love the beginning when the church is all dark except for the candles that everybody's holding. After mass, we all (mostly adults, but also some straggling remnants of Youth Liturgy) went to Smokey Bones. Adult Swim was on one of the TVs, so I got to watch Evangelion whilst eating donuts with everybody.

Today, we had Easter at my cousin's house and now I'm just trying to read as much as possible before driving back at 7:00. I get to drive my car back and park it at Gretchen's, since I'll be coming back next weekend for Mia's birthday.
Time for dinner!

Does anyone else find it kind of weird that you can read Bush's and Cheney's income taxes online? Here's Cheney's. Here's Bush's. (They're from CNN.com, so it's not illegal or whatever)
scribbled mystickeeper at 5:40 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

Aprons are so not anti-feminist. You'd be anti-feminist if you said that all women should stop finding jobs and go back to their kitchens (and aprons?), cooking for their men and popping out babies without ever desiring more.

You! I'll see you tonight! (briefly)

By Blogger Gretchen, at 7:22 PM, April 16, 2006  

Post a Comment