wApr 1, 2006


And now for a longer post...

I saw "V for Vendetta" tonight and I thought that it was absolutely glorious. Overall, I found it to be a very amusing movie. This is probably because I am very cynical. Seriously, though, it's like someone with my exact sense of humor sat down and wrote it. I have heard from many people that the graphic novel is better, so I do intend to read it one day. It was....just great, really.

It's the first time in a long time that I have read/watched something that has left me inspired to write. Unfortunately, I am too tired to actually write at the moment, and even if I wasn't, I have way too much homework to do anyway.

Earlier in the afternoon, I purchased groceries and also spent a couple hours in Borders (part of it was spent doing homework!). I find book stores to be very therapuetic for me. I tend to feel self-conscious when I'm shopping at stores in a mall, or walking around clothing stores, but book stores are quite different. I bought another book I don't have time to read (Snow Crash) as well as this week's The New Yorker.

It's exciting times, I tell you. Now for those two paragraphs that I mentioned in last night's post.

In an issue of this week's Daily Cardinal, in an article about a College Republicans meeting discussing the Madison referendum to immediately bring the troops home, the following quote was reported: "God put men on the earth for three reasons: to protect women, to protect children, and to fight for their country." - Kevin Lewis, veteran of the Iraq War Do people like this seriously exist? And, if this truly is the case, then I sincerely hope that no man ever hopes to hold a job. Because that would not be fulfilling his God-given purpose, now, would it?

Someone in the West Wing fan community over at LiveJournal sent out a bunch of invitations to this new Internet community called Essembly.com. Basically, it's just like the Facebook except that the emphasis is on your political views. Every member can write as many "resolves" as they want. Resolves are ideologically charged statements such as "School boards should not try to force religion into the science curriculum," "Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes," and "The United States should get rid of the penny." You then have four options in which you can show how you feel about the statement - Agree, Lean Agree, Lean Against, and Against. You then have the option of writing a statement detailing your opinion, and can read everyone else's as well. Every time you look at somebody's profile, you get view a % of how similar your views are. Unlike Facebook, you can view profiles and form groups with people from any school. Also unlike Facebook, it seems pretty small right now - kind of how Facebook was about a year and a half ago, before they went crazy adding every school ever. Similar to Facebook is its level of addictiveness. If any of you are interested, leave your email in a comment (or email it to ME) and I'll send you an invitation. Oh! Probably the most important thing - unlike Facebook, you don't need to be in, or have ever been in, school. I think the site was created by some Harvard alumni or something.

My life is completely consumed by homework, and System of a Down is glorious.

Current Music: Revenga - System of a Down
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:09 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I saw V for Vendetta, too!! AND I loved it! OMG, like all of the main actors are from other movies or shows that I love. And it was just... beautiful in a lot of ways.

I passed the car-parking email along to Jaci cuz I don't have any say in how the driveway situation gets set up, so you'll have to work it out with her. It should be fine, though.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 11:02 AM, April 01, 2006  

Yeah - I never realized how awesome Hugo Weaving's voice is. At first I was like, ELROND! but then I got over it.

Jaci concurred with your thoughts on the parking situation. I'll probably leave the key with you guys in case you need to move it. You guys ROCK!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:22 PM, April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment