wFeb 6, 2006


why am i so pathetic / i know you won't forget it

I feel like hell and I keep zoning, so I guess that I should blog.

This weekend was pretty awesome. On Friday, I took the bus to Milwaukee. There is a lot of deadness between Madison and Milwaukee this time of year. It's strange visiting a dorm that is completely upright, as opposed to mine, which is carved into a hill and sprawled haphazardly. Jennifer has very cool friends who are fun to hang out with. On Friday night, I ate Jimmy John's with Jennifer, where she told me that a car had crashed through the window (ten feet away) earlier in the year. YES. We watched an improv session that one of her roommates participated in, and that was pretty cool. After that, we hung out in the guys' room and I was further introduced to said cool friends.

Yeah, Jennifer's room is huge! Holy crap. I am excited to have a house next year - and my own room! Woot. But, anyway. On Saturday, Jennifer and I walked around during the day. We went to the huge public library across from her dorm that is absolutely massive. It's the best library I've ever been in. If I went to school there, I would probably spend at least 50% of my time in that building. The best part was, they had a used book store/coffee shop in the front, where I purchased about five books. We then visited a mall that spans blocks, which was pretty cool. Stopped in a farmer's market and ate lots of samples. And THEN we went to the most glorious book store ever! It was like Avol's (my favorite book store here in Madison), only at least three times as huge. They had a massive comic section (unfortunately, nothing I was looking for), so it was quite awesome. I love book stores. That's all that I purchased other than food this weekend - books. Books I have no time to read, unfortunately.

We also ate at The Safe House, which is a spy-themed restaurant in the city. If you don't know the password, you're forced to do tricks to get in. The inside is decorated awesomely, and the food was excellent.

The weekend included hardcore Monopoly and a new game called Celebrity. I was introduced to the TV show "Arrested Development," which is very amusing. The church that I was in today when I went to mass with Jennifer and Joe was gorgeous. I wish St. Paul's (church I go to here in Madison) wasn't so hideous. As Jennifer and I noted to each other...Nativity (our church back at home) is simple - lots of concrete walls and whatever - but it still does a good job of being visually attractive. Ah, well. Going to mass feels good.

So the weekend was truly extraordinary and I had a wonderful time. And I'm not entirely sure why I'm feeling so horrible right now. I guess it must be the inordinate amount of English homework that I have to work on. I could take the academic abuse if other things could start to work out for me, but they never, ever do. It makes for a great story to tell, but then again it's like, me screaming in the background because I'm not sure I can take this any more.

Current Music: Sooner or Later - Breaking Benjamin
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:21 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Glad you had a great and ..........."happy".........
weekend Jackie.

>)

~moahahahahahahahahahahahah.ahaha...ha.........HAHA *points and laughs some more*

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:03 PM, February 06, 2006  

I almost wrote something nasty, but then I remembered that Kristy's mom reads my blog.

So....you can fill in the blanks, :)

(PS: I just watched Friday's Battlestar ---- I KNOW YOU HEARD ME SQUEEING DURING A CERTAIN SCENE!!!!!!!!!)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:38 PM, February 06, 2006  

Jackie, I'm so glad you came to visit me this weekend and that you enjoyed Milwaukee! I hope you've found some way to continue watching Arrested Development...

By Blogger Jenny, at 6:41 PM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment