wJan 27, 2006


life is just a dream, you know / that's never ending

I really don't know what my problem is today, but I've felt like a ball of angst since I woke up this morning. It's almost like being in high school again!

When I was walking down the stairs this morning after my first class, I was opening my cellphone and it slipped out of my hand. I watched in passive horror as it clattered and finally rested at the base of the steps, split at the hinge into two pieces. Why do these things happen? I don't know.

I think a large part of the reason why I feel like so much crap is because of the sheer amount of homework I have to do. This English project is killing me and I don't even know if I'm doing it right. And we're going to be getting another assignment for English, I'm behind on the readings for American Presidency (even though they've been stupid so far, I'm sure they'll bite me in the ass), and I generally suck at life. We should have a huge homework party. Hang out in the library.
Good God, that's the most depressing thought ever.

I do have some phone cards with some minutes on them, but I'm pretty bummed that I won't really be able to call home/my sister for the next five days or so. I tend to call home really often.

Hamas winning the elections in Palestine is terrifying. It kind of sucks when democracy backfires. We could quite possibly be looking at World War III. Not that I'm a pessimist or anything....And this fillibuster stuff is going to be ridiculous, I think. I mean, I would prefer a moderate to replace Sandra Day O'Connor, but what did they expect? I don't know. I find lately that I don't have strong opinion on most of politics, just a strong feeling of disgust.
I do find it fascinating that the media hasn't really been talking about the new Bin Ladin tape at all. The man said he has "permission" to use a nuclear weapon on the United States. Does this not freak the shit out of everybody? My guess is they're not talking about it because they know there would be mass panic. And, in the end, what can you really do against a crazy psychopath who is hellbent on a sick agenda that only makes sense to him and other crazy men. Well, I guess that all you can really do is not think about it because fear is dark and dark is the enemy. You can take my life, but you cannot take me or my freedom.

The Turner Classic Movie channel played Miyazaki films tonight....apparently they've been doing it every Thursday this month? I definitely did not have time to watch 1.5 movies, but I did it anyway. I love Miyazaki films....even if you don't like anime, you should watch them because they are some of the most poignant films I've ever seen. I think "Only Yesterday" is one of my favorite movies.

Asked myself what it's all for
You know the funny thing about it
I couldn't answer
No, I couldn't answer

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue
and images that might be real
may be illusion
Keep flashing off and on

Free...
Wanna be free, Gonna be free...
and move among the stars
You know they really aren't so far

Feels so Free...
Gotta know free...Please...
Don't wake me from the dream
It's really everything it seemed

I'm so free...
No black and white in the blue

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream, you know
that's never ending
I'm ascending.


Current Music: Blue - Cowboy Bebop OST (this song is magnificent; it almost always makes me cry)
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:14 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

With the Hamas thing....It was the last card for peace to be wrecked. First it was Sharon having his stroke and now Hamas taking power... forget the peace process now. Very scary.

BSG =teh sucked. Not impressed with tonights episode.

I enjoyd the link you provided me. >)

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:53 AM, January 28, 2006  

I didn't care for it either, surprisingly. I typed my thoughts up in my LJ, if you're interested.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:06 AM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment