wDec 18, 2005


My dad is drugged up on a certain pain medicine and incoherent in his chair. I can't wait to go home to that, :)

Before I say anything else, I must say that I MADE AN ERROR IN MY LAST POST. The first paragraph originally read Last night, Louise and I watched a movie based on something written by Pushkin. Ralph Fiennes and Liv Tyler were in it. I liked it! Obviously, this was a gross error because Chad was with us when we watched the movie. In fact, Chad selected the movie from the shelf in the drama section at Four-Star. IN FACT, we watched the movie in Chad's apartment. I cannot fathom how such a horrific mistake could actually be published in my blog. I have since rectified the error, but how many people already read the paragraph? How many people were misinformed? We may never know.....but at Chad's request, I have corrected the mistake and "[made] a really big deal about it" in my blog. Sorry, Chad. The author of this blog regrets the error.

Yesterday, a Frugal Muse outlet store was having a sale, so Louise, Chad, and I rode the bus out to West Towne and perused the tables. I made qutie the haul, and only had to pay $3.00 for about ten books (some of which were hardcover). I was quite pleased. We ate in the mall, missed the bus, and then rode the bus back to Chad's apartment, where we watched the President's address, Family Guy, and some more West Wing (Paul joined us for West Wing - for the love of all that's holy, I certainly would not want to forget anybody's name!). I thought Bush's address was good. It was sorely needed - the man had to sit down and say, "All right, listen. This is what happened. This is what happened. This is what happened." Even if people disagree with the president, I think it's still good for the majority of the nation to at least understand his thought process. I wonder how many people watched? I don't know.

Watching West Wing has made me all idealistic again. Maybe it's bad for me to attach my dreams to fictional characters who work in a fictitious White House in an alternate reality, but then again, maybe it's not. Whenever we were in pre-college school, teachers sometimes enjoyed giving out the essay assignment "Who are your heroes?" I always struggled with these assignments because the first people who came to mind were not, in fact, real people. I don't feel that that's a bad thing. I fully accept the fact that fictional characters are not real, but is it really so bad to hold yourself to an ideal that may or may not be achievable? I don't think so. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens to my life, won't we?

Anyway, I have two study groups to go to tonight. My exams start again tomorrow and then I have one per day until Thursday. Does anyone else feel strange at the end of each semester? It's like throughout the semester, I have shields up and all I can focus on is what I need to get done and how well I can do it. But once classes are over and I can almost taste freedom, a veil is lifted and I have my life back. At the end of every semester, I always feel like I've matured immensely and learned massive amounts (this is only my third end, so it probably sounds rather sophomoric, but I'm a sophomore, so....too bad). Does anybody else feel this way, or am I being academically narcisstic?

THIS LOOKS SO TERRIBLE. Even worse, it comes out on my freaking birthday. Bastards.

Current Music: Times Like These - The Foo Fighters, Always - Saliva, Still Frame - Trapt

EDIT: Quotes, more thoughts on West Wing and John Spencer on the LJ.
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:27 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I'm always amazed at how many little things in real life you keep track of and care about. It's so foreign to me.

Likely that means you'll actually accomplish something in this world.

Unlike me ^_^

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM, December 20, 2005  

Mwah...

life is teh suck but West Wing sounds cool. I should start watching.

Aaaaanyway... my big end of the semester thing is: it's freggen over, why the hell am I still working? Blah. and nothing gets done.

PS yay book! o.o I <3 you

By Blogger Tas, at 1:53 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment