wDec 21, 2005


i can taste the air of freedom, but i can't breathe it in just yet

I guess I'll write now.....I spent all day studying, obviously. Luckily, I managed not to wig out when I took the Comparative Politics exam like I did on the Political Theory one (and basically every other exam ever). I didn't have enough time to write the long essay well, and there were a couple things that I didn't have memorized (honestly, I'm so sick of being expected to know the 'four definitions of democracy from article X and how they differ from the definitions of democracy from article Y' questions - if I know what the author's theme was, then shouldn't that be enough when there are 15 of them?!), but I did the best that I think I could have.

That exam was over at 7:30 and after that I had to eat (in retroscpect, cold spaghettios and meatballs out of the can was probably not the best option) and my brain was like, fried. So I packed a bit. And now it's 11:00 at night and I haven't even started studying yet for the Geology final that is tomorrow at 12:25. I did have a Geology exam last Thursday, so I guess I can hope that a lot of information is still filed away somewhere. I'm only about 1/4 of the way packed, though....I really don't want to pull an all-nighter because I was rudely awakened by a fire alarm this morning, but that might have to be what happens. I can always run to a vending machine in the dorm and get caffeine.

I will miss the quietness of solitude, but overall, I have spent way too much time by myself in the last week. I've worked really hard for my finals but I don't think any of my grades will benefit from it. But I guess there's something to be said for trying your damndest. And promising yourself that next semester you'll try even harder (and will like my classes more, hopefully!).

It's the end of something, so I should say something profound but the only thing I can think of is the fact that my eyes hurt.

I'm off to make myself study and pack when I can't take it any more. Wish me luck, and I'll do the same for you.

Current Music: Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:03 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment