wDec 24, 2005


home!

It's been a pretty crazy couple of days, I guess. I definitely spend a lot less time online when I'm at home, if only because I'm so irritated with this computer and it's "Internet capabilities." But that's probably good for me - I'd like to spend less time on the computer when I go back to school.

My cousin Molly (actually, my cousin's daughter, but my family's all messed like that due to me being young for my generation) picked me up at school, along with my friend Lindsey (yes, the Lindsey who goes to school in DC - don't ask; somehow it made sense). I was so angry, though! Outside my dorm, there is nowhere to park. There is a street, but the street is technically a "parking lot" and you need a permit to park there. A cul de sac leads into a narrow driveway thing where trucks delivery food/whatever to the dining hall. On the side of this cul de sac are about 8 parking spaces, all of which are assigned for handicapped parking. Now, I am one of those people who, when driving in a parking lot and seeing a regular car with no tag parked in one of these spaces thinks, "ass!" But seeing as it was move-out day and I had shit to put in the car, we decided to put the car in a space for ten minutes. The cul-de-sac itself was full of cars dropping off/picking people up from exams, so parking in it wasn't really an option. Molly and I go inside for about ten minutes and manage to bring all of my things to the car in one trip (which was a feat, as I had a lot!). The University Transportation guy is writing a ticket as we walk towards the car. I quicken my pace, but Molly must have seen the look on my face, because she said, "Jackie, stop. Don't." I was ready to kill the guy - there are 5 open spots next to our car, and we were only there ten minutes. AND IT'S MOVE-OUT DAY. But whatever, it's just a ticket, right? Yes, until the ticket was for $200. What a jerk! I mean, I know it's on the sign, but what are we supposed to do, park on top of a tree?! Molly kept saying she should've stayed with the car, but I was the one who convinced her to park there, so it's my fault. I was so angry, though. The guy walked around the entire cul-de-sac putting tickets on every windshield. We waited around for Lindsey for about 20 minutes, and in that time, he came back again to give tickets to all the new cars! >O

Ehhh...anyway. Last night...Ate dinner with Mom, unpacked, and watched a litle of West Wing with Chad. Came home and fell asleep on the couch in the basement. My mom woke me up this morning at 10:30 to tell me that my aunt (paternal) had had a minor heart attack last night. I guess she's okay now...they did some minor surgery and she's going home either tomorrow or the next day. Still, though....why do terrible things keep happening? I don't know.

My parents drove down to go see her, and I spent the day cleaning the house because Christmas Eve is here. Used the ice pick on the driveway, and then drove around finishing up my Christmas shopping. The traffic was so heinous! I couldn't even believe it - it almost made me sick. Ahh, suburbia and its rabid materialism.

Kristy came back from Rome today, so we went over to her house. Dave, Jennifer, and Chad (duh) were there, as well as Sarah, and Derek for a while. It was so good to see everyone! We ate food and watched "Elf." Kristy was pretty out of it, having been awake for about 46 hours, hehe. She brought me two of the CUTEST NOTEPADS EVER! They have these anime-ish girls on the cover and are SO CUTE! It's in Italian so I don't know what it means, but the insides are.....BLANK GRAPHPAPER! Haha, Kristy knows me too well.

Anyway, being home feels slightly strange but also so good. It's weird...the last month or so at school, I felt so in control of my life, and now I feel like I have no idea what is going on. Oh well, though. I'd like to write more of my story, but I have a feeling the next couple of days will be busy, :O I'm excited to see the Beasts!!! Heehee. Christmas = awesome. I want to play the piano. But I think Mom will probably make me clean the house *again* tomorrow, :/ Two of my grades have been posted and they were both good! Maybe a more detailed report on that once I've received them all.

Oh, and Charley sent me a large package in the mail. So explaining that tomorrow morning is definitely going to be interesting...

Current Music: Mad Russian's Christmas - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:28 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

200 DOLLORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABSURD!!!! DON"T PAY IT!!! um, never mind that... APPEAL!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF RE REs!!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:30 PM, December 25, 2005  

I wish we could, but it technically did say "$200 fine" on the sign. Usually when the university gives you a fine, you don't really have to pay it, but I've only heard of people not paying for like, $8 or $10 fines. But I think with $200, we should just pay it so it doesn't end up being more. :(

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 2:46 PM, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment