wNov 23, 2005


imagine there's no heaven / it's easy if you try

For whatever reason, I decided to leave my portable CD player at school. For whatever reason, the speakers on this computer haven't worked in over a year. Thus, when I'm on the Internet at my parents' house, there is no music. I feel like curling up on my bed without writing anything, and there is no music to distract this desire. I guess we'll just hope I can make it through!

We got our Geology exams back today and I was pretty disappointed. I'm not failing or anything, but definitely nowhere near where I'd like to be. It isn't fair...I studied so hard for that. At least 10 solid hours of pure studying, no exaggeration. And it went down three points since last time. I keep thinking, "It's okay, I can still pull my grades up!" but it's just like last year - I start off meh (not OMGISUCK like last year, but still not what I want), and then I try really really hard to improve and swing everything up, but the grades remain the same, if not worse. I cannot fathom how people get straight As at UW. I truly, honestly can't understand it. I guess with school, I've always thought that all you have to do is try, and you can get whatever grade you want. But I guess that's not true - some of us are just dumber than other people, and it will negatively affect any dreams of grad school/law school/FUTURE.

But enough on that. Kayla drove Chad, Jenny, and me home, and it was a quality ride. I miss lots of people from high school now. Quite contrasting feelings to last year (I'm referring to random people from class, and not to my friends, FYI, :P). Chad tried to read us his play on the Bolshevik Revolution, but we wouldn't let him. There was also the obligatory gas station pit-stop.

My parents were both home. Mom made steak for dinner, :O It was so good, holy crap. Dad told me the story about how he locked himself out of his truck at the bank before going hunting. He decided to crawl in the back of the truck, like the window under the hood. And then he stoop-walked to the partition between the carriage of the truck and the passenger area, and started to go through the small window. He was walking his hands forward when he foot slipped and he fell forward, and felt something pop in his ribs. Being Dad, he decided to go hunting, and while lying on the bed in the motel, felt something snap back into place. He now gets mad when he laughs because it hurts.

We watched Wheel of Fortune after the news, because that's what we do. It was Teen Night, and they competed in pairs. There was this one pair of overly-makeupped girls who said everything in unison. My parents kept making comments like, "GOD, I hate them!" "They're so annoying!" Then, there was this commercial for something (don't remember what) in which there is a crapload of irritating chickens. The next commercial was fast food advertisement, in which various sandwiches were displayed. When the chickn sandwich came up, Dad said, "God, I hope one of those chickens from the last commercial is in that sandwich!" Hahahhhhhh...parents are awesome.

Ryan, Dave, and I visited various establishments in the area. We discovered BOOK SALE in the old Best Buy building, where the books are 80% off cover price. Not a great selection, but all right. I need to find more used book stores around here. We ended the evening with sundaes from McDonald's and the Daily Show/Family Guy.

There's so much that I want to do...I feel so weird tonight. I should really just sleep before I think things I shouldn't think, but there was a lot of reading that I wanted to get done tonight. Woe. I hope to spend lots of time at the library tomorrow, working on papers. Anyway. It's really cold in this house.
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:43 AM
7 comments
7 Comments:

you forgot about wallmart.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:36 PM, November 23, 2005  

What are you talking about? I would never set foot in that store!

(Thank God I came to my senses and refused to give in to $7.50 Hellsing....)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:51 PM, November 23, 2005  

You're going to have to give in!

Best Buy didn't have that great of a price for it.

By Blogger Dave, at 6:33 PM, November 23, 2005  

Your template is *amazing.* Did you make it?

By Blogger Lurid, at 11:47 PM, November 23, 2005  

Dave: Here is the same DVD at Amazon for $4.93: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/B000067IYR/qid=1132860868/sr=1-3/ref=sr_pb_a//102-2094121-9165752?condition=all

Also, I can get the entire series for $17.99: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/B00008L3MH/qid=1132860868/sr=1-1/ref=sr_pb_a//102-2094121-9165752?condition=all

SO YES, I CAN BEAT WAL MART'S PRICES!

J. Star: Thanks for the compliment! I don't really remember how I made it...I actually don't know very much HTML, hehe. I decided what I wanted to look like and then I just kept playing around with stuff until it looked as close as I could get it...And then I made Dave fix it, lol. But at least it was my idea, right?? I will check out your blog now, :O

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:39 PM, November 24, 2005  

did you factor in the shipping and handleing?

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:08 AM, November 26, 2005  

No, but even with that, it should be cheaper than buying all four DVDs for $7.50.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:56 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment