wNov 5, 2005


hey. hey. ........no.

Holy crap, it's freezing in this house! I'm going to die tonight when I go to sleep, ;_;

Anyway, lessee. Steph had a rough night last night/this morning with school-related things, so everyone should make a point of telling her how awesome she is. I love you, Steph! <3 <3 <3

My mom came to take us home today. My stock of water is replenished, and I got some food too, bwaha. I drove back, which is always an adventure, ;) (I only stopped paying attention and drove on the shoulder for a bit twice!) Louise, Chad, and Anita came back with us, and a good time was had by all. Kevin, Julie, Dad, and the Beasts were waiting for us when we got back (Mom had made spaghetti, it was so good! Yay for good food.). I was happy to see everyone, 'though I've decided that I deal much better with the kids when I'm not ridiculously tired.

After dinner, I watched "Rules of Engagement" on TV with Dad. And by "watched with Dad," I mean that he was in the same room, sleeping. Kevin and Julie were lamely going to bed (at their house, not ours) early, so I decided to go to Barnes and Noble. Brianna called me, which was cool, as I haven't talked to her in forever. I talked to her for about 45 minutes in the parking lot. It's really awesome how some things never change.

At B&N, I observed people and looked at books. I found the second half of Louise's Christmas present (MWAHA) and bought the first volume of Death Note, if only because I was excited that it was $2 cheaper than most new manga. I've heard a lot of good things about Death Note from people with good taste, and I must admit, it's not what I was expecting at all. And the characters are both awesome and disturbing. A plus on both points.

So life is good right now except for my NanoWrimo word count. I've caught up to where I was supposed to be at last night (about 5,000 words), but essentially have not started on what I was supposed to write today. I tried, but I kept falling asleep so I think I'll save it for tomorrow? I have lots of stuff to do, though. There's never enough time! And now I need to figure out what classes to take next semester ON TOP OF working on this huge paper and my journalism school application and AHHHHHHHHH!

We'll just hope that sleep makes everything better. Upon coming to my room, I realize how much I've missed my books. They are like my children! I want to take them all back with me, but that wouldn't work out so well. Instead, I'll bring back some more manga that I'll never have time to read. Oh, the tribulations of being geeky. There are so many books to read, anime to watch, and manga to look at, but no time in which to do it! Teh suck.

Current Music: lots of songs swirling in my head
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:31 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I definitely had the same issue with missing my books!! I *still* do, and I imported a few boxes of books to the house when I moved. Heh heh heh.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 8:51 AM, November 05, 2005  

OMGWTFBBQ! J4ck13, j00 r n0t h3r3!!111!

I watch things with my dad in that same way.

"Upon coming to my room, I realize how much I've missed my books. They are like my children! I want to take them all back with me, but that wouldn't work out so well." -Yeah, I know if I had children I'd want to bring them to college with me too.

By Blogger Steph, at 1:30 PM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment