wNov 14, 2005


end of nano and other things

So I've been spending the last 45 minutes or so in front of MS Word, pretending I was going to work on my story, but not doing it. I'm behind - right now I'm only caught up through where I was supposed to be at on Friday. I don't think I'm going to catch up, either. I could do it when I didn't have exams and papers to worry about, but now I do. I spent today studying, doing laundry, and being out and enjoying life (going out to eat with Anime people, church, and ice cream with Paul and Steph), so I don't feel bad about it. This NanoWrimo business has done for me what I wanted it to, and I know that I'll keep working on this story for a long time. Getting the first draft done, anyway. I'm really looking forward to going back through it, though. I feel really self-conscious putting it on the Internet 'cause it's terrible for reasons already mentioned here, but oh well, I guess. Writing for a word count is fine, but I think that this expectation is too high for a college student. I like writing when I feel like it a lot more than when I have to to hit some magic number I'm not ready to be at yet.

I felt like I had a lot of things to say, but I guess I don't. I've been thinking about lots of things lately, so you'd think that I'd have lots of things to say, but I guess that's just not how it goes.

Oh, yeah. Today when I was killing time between Real Chili and church, I went to Memorial Library. I've never really wandered the library part, so I was just walking by the south stacks where it's pretty creepy. And THEN, there are these tiny little rooms you can go in - doorless things separated by metal partitions that have a desk and a chair, and you can flip on a light and sit in there and study. I was so excited. Might take a camera with me next time 'cause it's so cool. Ryan would probably enjoy it. And yet, somehow, I still managed to distract myself. It's my mind, and not my surroundings, that prevent me from studying. I daydream way too much.

Once again, I'm going to hate myself tomorrow for the lack of sleep. And the lack of accomplishing anything today.

I'm wearing freshly washed pajamas and will soon lie in freshly washed sheets. Mmmm.

Current Music: Steph in bed: "Oh em gee, it's time to run!" *swishing noises of her legs moving back and forth underneath her covers*
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:37 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

Yeah, don't worry. I'm still impressed that you did Nano at all. I couldn't even keep up with reading what you were writing, much less do it myself. So, major props, Jackie.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 12:23 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment