wOct 23, 2005


This Post Brought to You in Part by Jennifer

You poor blog readers! I know you've missed me, :*(

On Friday, I sold my football ticket for $65, and let me tell you....that was pretty awesome. At the same time, I found Jennifer at the bus station! (it was planned) We bought awesome jewelry for very little money - earrings made out of buttons! They're so cute! Steph and Gordon left for the weekend, which was sad, but oh well. Louise came with us and we met up with Chad and walked around on State Street for a while. Chad and Jennifer liked Avol's (who doesn't?!) and then Paul joined us. Ate at Chin's. Then, the Homecoming Parade came down State Street. We saw the band and they were so good! I really miss playing percussion. It was so much fun, :*(

Anyway. Jenny saw us and ran across the middle of the parade, almost getting hit by the band in the process. We stayed for most of the parade (which was kind of crazy) and then watched the fireworks that were fired off by the Red Gym (pictures below) we went over to Jenny's house. I haven't seen Jenny in a long time, and her house is really cool. I think I'd like to live in that area next year (and her rent is low! :O). We watched the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, and Chad spilled purple freezey pop all over himself. Jennifer slept through the movie, what the hell.

Saturday was pretty crazy. We went to the farmer's market, which was almost done by the time we got there (but not before I bought my ostrich jerky). Then, we rode the bus all the way to East Towne Mall. I purchased a book (duh) and we also went to Half-Priced Books (where I found another book). Jennifer saw that I have acquired friends who also enjoy going to the mall and only going in EB Games and the bookstores, hahaha. Louise and Kevin went off to go eat and go to Anime Club, and Jennifer and I went to Chad's. Paul joined us and there was gyro pizza and Family Guy.

I brought Jennifer to some of Anime Club, which was pretty amusing. We were voting on a new 13-episode series, so she got to see the first episodes of four different series. She liked Earth Girl Arjuna the most. She put herself in another place (as per Chad's instructions) while watching Record of Lodoss War. She was amused by the variety of people contained at UW Anime Club, as well as the intense politics.

After that, we acquired my friend Mark and went back to Chad's to play Diplomacy - a game based on the board game Risk, only illustrating a pre-WWI map. It involved half-hour "diplomacy" periods, and then writing orders for armies/fleets to follow. We got the hang of it, and it turned out to be really awesome - we stayed until about 2:30, bwaha. Playing Diplomacy was probably the most fun part of the weekend.

And now it's Sunday and we're done with lunch and we blogged. The end.

















No, not all of the pictures are the same size. It'll be okay, I promise.

Current Music: Vertical Horizon
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:34 PM
5 comments
5 Comments:

When I went to blog, the blogger website showed that you updated and SQUEEED with amusement. Sounds like you guys had fun.

By Blogger Unknown, at 12:46 PM, October 23, 2005  

The fireworks pictures look *very* cool.

By Blogger Louise, at 4:19 PM, October 23, 2005  

Thanks, Louise!

And Ryan, that's awesome!! I always look at that scrollbar thinking I'll see somebody I know, but I never do, :/ What are the odds? :O

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 4:31 PM, October 23, 2005  

OMG!

kick ass pics, Jackie! you must've been damn close. I saw the parade as I was walking to state street only to find out that, obviously, busses weren't running that way. Fortunately I guessed (correctly) that they'd go down by Witte, and they did, so I didn't have to wait for an hour. I missed the fireworks though :(

Did you know that you are officially the coolest person I know? *nods* yepyepyep. You are.

By Blogger Tas, at 5:49 PM, October 23, 2005  

Yeah, we were standing right in Library Mall, so it was pretty awesome.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:06 PM, October 23, 2005  

Post a Comment