wOct 10, 2005


this is what happens when I fall asleep before blogging

Things That Happened Today:
*Ate too much food, but leftovers are good!
*Studied Political Theory a lot
*Read lots of things about the history of Britain's government, but I'm only half of the way through the chapter, if that.
*Studied Geology with Louise. There's a lot to be memorized, but that's what tomorrow after Poli Sci is for, right?! RIGHT!
*Called Julie's house and talked to whole family minus Julie. Mia was dismayed that I could not eat cake through the phone, and even more distressed that I couldn't see it. Dad told me yet another way I'm going to die (I swear to God, every phone conversation I've had with him at college includes a possibility-of-death - I need to start a list. This time, I mentioned Geology class and he told me about how there's a tectonic plate line that runs from Niagra through Green Bay and that there hasn't been an earthquake in a couple hundred years, but one day there will be. And I'll die.
*Lectored for the first time at mass. According to Paul, it wasn't that I was too quiet, but that I "could have been louder."
*Paul jumped down into our window well and fished out the large fan that fell down there a few weeks ago.
*Gave the fan to shocked housefellow on duty in the ResLife Office.
*Studied more Poli Sci.
*Realized I've studied about everything I can and now I can keep my dyslexia at bay and remember the difference between Populism and Pluralism. I hate studying everything but still feeling like you didn't do enough. At least after tomorrow, I'll have one out of the way. 'Though, I'm more worried for Geology. Wait, no, they're about equal.
Here's to me not freezing up, and utilizing all free time tomorrow! I will be articulate in my explanations and I will memorize all of the necessary information. Because I'm awesome.
(yeah, right)
*Steph and I had a good idea for retelling fairy tales in comic form, such as Little Red Riding Hood. She walks in Grandma's house and sees the wolf dressed up like Grandma in the bed. Instead of believing the wolf like a dumbass, she should say, "Dude, you're a %^&*ing wolf. ...Shits, you ate my grandma!" We should rewrite fairy tales to tell what real people would actually do. None of this, "Yes, Big Bad Wolf, you're right - I think I'll walk away from the beaten path and pick those flowers deep in the forest so you can eat my grandma and and then dress up like her and I'll believe you so you can eat me too until OH WAIT the huntsman comes and slices open your stomach (while you sleep!) and we emerge unscathed, to fill your stomach with rocks (because the blood loss and stomach incisions wouldn't've killed you yet, and we couldn't just kill you in your sleep) so you die.

Current Music: Steph's distressed Psych-lab-typing, and her fish being a loud asshole.....*pours soap in his tank*
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:58 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

I think that your father may be thinking of the Niagra Escarpment which is not a tectonic plate. It is a layer of hard dolomite over a layer of more easily eroded rock which is why it creates a cliff stretching from Niagra Falls to Lake Winnebago. That said, there are occasional earthquakes in Wisconsin, or at least felt in Wisconsin. James is still awesome, though.
Paul

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment