wSep 25, 2005


Weekend thus far

This weekend hasn't been very productive in terms of homework, but it has kicked ass.

I had to say goodbye to Kristy on Friday, which is strange to think about. She's going to Rome for three months! I wish I could go somewhere awesome like that.

Louise, Paul, and I went to see Corpse Bride last night at University Square. I enjoyed it, and thought it was cute. Paul obviously did not share my sentiments. I particularly enjoyed Victor (Viktor?). All around, a morbidly cute movie.

I was not tired at all last night, and ended up staying up until around 4:00 in the morning. I got pretty tired towards the end, though....typing with my face down in my pillow while my hands were still outstretched and typing on the keyboard was pretty awesome. More of the "I want ____ to happen in this story...."

I somehow managed to waste my life until it was time for Badger football. Holy shit was that a good game! It was seriously the most fun I've ever had a football game. It sucked at first because it was raining, but it soon stopped. For those who don't know (like Karin, who lives in Sweden), the Badgers (Wisconsin) played against Michigan today. We have a rather huge rivalry with them, and playing them has been our team's first real test of the year. The entire student section was filled and it was absolutely insane. Every time the Badgers scored or recovered the ball or did anything to squash Michigan's ass, we basically erupted. I enjoyed things a ton more because it was night and the sun was not knocking me unconscious. Badger football cheers are so fun....holy crap. My sister called me halfway through the game from somewhere, and I just held up the cellphone (hoping it wasn't one of the kids listening to 'fuck you / eat shit'). I was kind of going nuts at the end....it was funny because Eunice hasn't seen me in any sort of emotional state, I don't think. Even Paul was like, "Yeah, you seemed pretty excited...." Bwaha. I can't describe how awesome that game was, really. It was the most fun I've had in quite a while, though, and I'm pretty hoarse. We had awesome seats, too (at least, for underclassmen) - row 35, section O. Indeed. We beat Michigan! And it was close, too. It kept going back and forth. It was almost funny to watch the crowd - ecstatic glee and clapping and chanting and screaming, and then absolute dead silence punctuated with foul language when Michigan did anything in their favor. I wish every game was that awesome.

So, like I said, this weekend has been pretty awesome so far. I'm excited to go home next weekend. It's strange to think that I've already been here for five weeks. College is going to keep going by faster and faster and all of sudden, it'll be gone. What the hell. Next weekend happens to be my high school's Homecoming, which I wasn't really aware of and am not much looking forward to. Not planning on going to any of that crap, nor seeing anybody. :P

Current Music: song from Xenosaga 2 trailer (have been listening to it non-stop, holy shit is it awesome and makes me want to write)
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:59 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

sounds like my experience at the 2003 Ohio State game

awesome through and through

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 AM, September 25, 2005  

I don't think I've ever seen any sort of sport-event live, (except horsejumping). The experience seems a bit like those I have from concerts... with the exstatic crowd and stuff.

By Blogger Karin, at 7:49 AM, September 25, 2005  

I have seen Corpes Bride on sneak peak here at my university and I thought it was cute as well and I am a guy. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment