wApr 9, 2005


Friday and Pictures

Yesterday was strange in a few ways. I was pretty tired all day, having stayed up until like, 2:00 just about every night this week. But I actually thought about what I was going to wear before I got dressed. It was very exciting. And I am in love with my black skirt. Even though some girl on the bus was talking to her friend and was like, "That's a longass skirt!" Yes it is! I don't enjoy looking like a slut!

Anyway. I didn't have to go to Nutritional Science yesterday, so that was good. After class, I did random things and then everyone (Paul, Louise, Gretchen, and Jaci) met in my room before we set out for a bus stop. The bus was so crowded! We had to stand most of the way there. Standing on a Madison city bus feels like surfing! As Louise said, "Six Flags has got nothing the streets of Madison." Bwah! We went out to the west side of town and arrived at the movie theater. What movie did we see, you ask? Sin City! And let me tell you, I thought it kicked ass. Very artistic, and the first movie I've seen that's based on a comic that keeps comic-elements in it. A word to the wise, though: it is very gorey. I like horror stories/films, and even I was grossed out by a couple scenes. Elijah Wood was by far the creepiest villain. But we all knew he could be villain-like from that scene in Two Towers when his eyes roll in back of his head and he whispers all evil-like: "They're here...." Yiss. If violence doesn't mess with your head, then I recommend it. And no, you don't have to have read the comics. I never have.

My love of horror/gore is strange. As Gretchen noted....I'm pretty extreme. I love Azumanga Daioh and Sailor Moon and stuff, and then I like Sin City and Stephen King. Hmm.

Oh, and this entry would not be complete without mentioning the Creepy Guy who started talking to Gretchen on the bus. Paul and I have seen him in College Library before....but yeah, he was asking Gretchen where she lived and what her name was and stuff. There would be these huge pauses in between everything he said, when he'd just stare at Gretchen. And Jaci would not stop laughing! She made me giggle. Me, Louise, and Paul kept trying not to laugh and eventually Gretchen just left that side of the bus. I kept giving him death glares but I don't think he noticed. CREEPEH, :O

Anyway, after that, we stopped at Westfield's Comics, since we were in the area. Wait, first we went to the Half-Price Bookstore next door. And everything really is half-price! I got the first Cardcaptor Sakura manga. I've liked it for a while, so yeah. Another example of my love for cute things. They also had one of the Return of the Jedi manga to go with my Star Wars one that I got while visiting Louise over break. They switched artists, so now it's all.....not as good...but half-price mangas p0wn all. At Westfield, I really wanted to get Dream Hunters because it's written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano (who did a lot of Final Fantasy sketches and is an amazing artist), but then I found The Coolest Thing Ever and bought it as a birthday present for Steph.

Journeyed back to the dorm. I was the tiredest kid ever....Louise played some FF7 and I played Star Wars. Paul was soon overwhelemed by geekiness. I like, died when I crawled into bed. We keep getting calls from people trying to sell us shit. This morning, some lady called.
"Hello, is Stephanie there?"
"No."
"Okay, well---"
"It's 9:00 on freaking Saturday morning. If you're trying to sell something, do you really think this is a good strategy?"
"Thank you for your time, goodbye!"
>O I'm freaking hungry, so I'm glad there's only half an hour 'til....wait, it's like, 45 minutes. Damn. I hate the weekend hours for the dining hall. The real question is whether or not I'll wash my face before going down there. My mascara's rubbed all under my eyes from sleepin' and I look ready to kill someone. XD

And also, apparently y'all are pansies, or have no opinion on the question posed in my previous entry. Although, it should be noted that Kristy called me to tell me her thoughts last night. I guess I'm too much of a Liberal Whore to get it, though.... ;)

I think it's time for some pictures.



This is my sister's cat, Whisper. Amelia likes to beat on it. I'd taken a bunch of pictures of it....this is where it likes to sit: on top of my laptop! Don't cats just look evil? There's something creepy about 'em....



This is what one of the walls looks like in the bathroom of the Half-Price Bookstore. Awesome.



And this is what a girl I ate dinner with a while ago did to her tray before putting it on the rack for the dishwashers to see. BWAHA!
scribbled mystickeeper at 10:56 AM
4 comments
4 Comments:

Cats do not look evil! I will have to find a picture of mine to prove this. Cats are just *smart*, that's why they're cool. Most cats anyway...

By Blogger Louise, at 11:27 AM, April 09, 2005  

Yeah, I was a fan of the Sin City cinematography and comic-bookness of it.

Poor Steve.

That tray is totally awesome! I did something like that to my roommate last year when she was a dishwasher, but it wasn't nearly as awesome as that one.

I second Louise on the cat issue.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 12:35 PM, April 09, 2005  

RYN: I don't think you HAVE told me about the girl who plans the tps dances. What is her name?
-G

By Blogger Gretchen, at 9:33 AM, April 10, 2005  

If you're referring to the comment in your journal....that was me....I signed it, didn't I? Her name's Sarah.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 11:21 AM, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment