wFeb 21, 2004




Thanks to Sarah, you can now see the banner I was talking about. It's right there *points upward* The background is a picture of the Pleiades star cluster, which is my favorite....celestial body, I guess you'd call it. It's a cluster of 7 stars that makes the shoulder of the bull in the Taurus constellation. Taurus is my astrological sign (not that I believe in astrology, but you know). Obviously, there are lots of other stars in the shot. Let's see....in the upper left corner, you see Mary Magdalene, who is lamenting over the crucified body of Jesus. Beneath her is Aeris (from Final Fantasy 7) praying. Next to Mary Magdalene is the bluish angel that was my avatar at WOFS....I don't know why I like the image so much, I just do. Beneath that angel is Tifa (from Final Fantasy 7) sitting in the Gondola at Gold Saucer on her date with Cloud. In the lower left hand corner, you see the archangel Michael. Next to Tifa and Michael, you see the statue of an angel. You can see it better if you go to my LJ, as the top portion is my default user icon. Um...going back up to the top, next to the big 'G' in 'Graphpaper', you see me walking next to Lake Superior. I think the picture was taken when I was like, 11 or 12. Next to that, you see an image of Jesus, praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, and next to that you see Mary being assumed into Heaven. Lastly, between the two, you see a dove, with rays of light shining out of it. You'll notice I artistically placed the rays of the light over one of the stars from the Pleiades so that it shines even more brightly, ;D I think you should be able to read the lyrics, but just in case you can't, they say: "So maybe now you finally know / Sometimes we're helpless and alone / But you can't let it keep you weighted down / You must go on." It's from the song "The Hero Dies In This One," by the Ataris.

So, there you have it. You'll notice a definite religious theme, as that is where I am in my life right now. I like this banner a lot....I think it's the best one I've made so far, but I am very aware that I'm not an artist. But let me know what you think, yo.
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:56 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment