wNov 1, 2002




The Friday Five:

1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith? Kinda....well, yeah. My parents raised my as a Catholic and I went to religion and Baptism, First Communion, and Reconciliation....but they don't go to church very often.

2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not? Yeah, I'm very involved with my faith. Planning youth masses with Youth Liturgy, singing at the masses with New Life, planning The Quest and high school activities, attending The Quest, attending Bible Study, and now I'm part of the Worship Commission, which is mostly comprised of adults. I'm a "youth representative". Why? Because I love being Catholic....I think it's awesome that I'm part of the church that was established by Jesus Himself....the Popes go back to Peter...I don't know. There are so many saints, anyone can find one to relate to and admire. The "older" aspects of the church are cool - monks, candles, novenas, hymns, mass - I love all of them. And the more "real" things - mission trips, that retreat to Notre Dame, The Quest, gah. I love my faith!

3. What do you think happens after death? Hmm. I'm not sure...about the specifics, I mean. Is everyone immediately judged, or do we wait until the final judgment? I don't know. I believe in Hell, Heaven, and Purgatory. But I don't believe in them as places After death, it's just your spirit. Heaven is the closest you can possibly get to God, and Hell is the farthest away. They're states of being....I don't know, hard to explain.

4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)? Observing? My favorite part of church to observe is the consecration of the Eucharist. When it becomes the Body of Christ. My favorite part to participate in? I like singing, but I also like receiving the Eurcharist. More specifically, praying right after. I think that's the most meditative I get, is just after receiving Jesus.

5. Do you believe people are basically good? No. We used to be, though, until Eve bit that apple. People are....people. Everyone has Jesus inside of them - that's your conscience. But Jesus' voice is quiet within unless you listen closely. It's very easy to not be able to hear if your life is full of sin. Yeah....people are not "basically good" or "basically evil". Everyone has good in them, and everyone has desires to do the wrong thing. What determines who you are are the choices you make - whether or not you listen to the Jesus inside of you.

Please keep in mind that all I'm doing is answering The Friday Five questions. If you don't agree with me, that's fine. But this is my blog and these are my beliefs. Teh end.
scribbled mystickeeper at 4:47 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment