wAug 15, 2008


Materialism II

So, then I bought more things....because I went to the library! There is a "Friends of the Library" store that sells paperbacks for $1, but there is usually never a volunteer running the show, so it's always closed. But not today!

My spoils:
Incidents in the life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs (we read excerpts of this in my Disability in Literature class!)
Tracks by Louise Erdrich (My professor had us read the short story based on the beginning of this novel, but all she would talk about in discussion was the novel. I found this pretty annoying and a poor teaching device, but hopefully I'll still like it.
The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. DuBois
When and Where I Enter: The Impact of Black Women on Race and Sex in America by Paula Giddings

Yay! I need to read more books authored by people of color that aren't manga, so these are good for me.

I also now have five volumes of the manga Recipe for Gertrude, so perhaps I ought to read them.

BOOKS! Now I have to find space for them in my apartment....

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:42 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment