wDec 24, 2007


My Attention Span Grows Shorter

Okay, so maybe I should write about my life instead of comic books?

My resolution to walk places whenever possible has thus far been successful. On Saturday, shortly after arriving home, I walked to get lunch, and bring it back home. I also walked to my friend Lindsey's house to hang out with her, her parents, and my friend Laura (We watched narcoleptic dogs and fainting goats on YouTube. I highly recommend it!). It seems like it might be difficult to convince my friends that I can walk just fine. Even though Lindsey only lives a block away from my parents, I had to do some hardcore convincing, along the lines of, "Really! I'm going to sit on my butt for two weeks reading comic books! I can walk a block!" My only failure so far was last night, when I went to Ryan's house. I feel justified in taking my car, though, because it had just snowed, the roads weren't plowed yet, and I brought my laptop with me (heavy stuff!).

I tried watching an episode of Angel with my mom. I even purposely picked one that had a lot of focus on Kate Lockley, the female cop, because my mom is usually attracted to similar characters, and knew the actress from Law & Order. Most times when David Boreanaz appeared on screen, she would say, "It's him! It's him!" Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well she took the demons and vampires that also occupy the show. At the end, I was like, "So......done?" "Yeah," she said curtly. Although, that might have been because The Amazing Race was on. Might try again later.

Yesterday afternoon, there was a party with my neighbors, which was fun, as I haven't seen some of them in a while. Also, Chad and I got to experience our mothers being together while intoxicated (let's just say that my mother is....a joyful, boisterous drunk).

So, that was lol. Then, Ryan, Dave, and I got together to watch some anime. I showed them the first two episodes of Black Lagoon, which they enjoyed thoroughly. We also watched the first two episodes of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Goodbye, Mr. Despair) which I think is my favorite new series. I will have to blog about it at some point, although it defies description. I will take many screen shots.

Anyway, today is Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is preferably to me, compared to Christmas Day, because my family opens its presents to each other, and from Santa Claus, on Christmas Eve.

I don't know where my mind was when I was packing to come home, but I forgot my retainer and all of my makeup in Madison. :( This is upsetting! So, today I plan to go to the store and replenish; also to the library. I will hopefully also wrap all of my presents, seeing as most of them will be opened today, :O

PS: Even though Libba Bray's The Sweet Far Thing isn't supposed to come out until December 26th, it's sitting out on the shelf at Barnes & Noble. If bookstores can do that, how come they don't put manga out when it's supposed to have been released??

Oh yeah! Two of my grades have been posted, and they were good! Okay, time to go and have a productive Christmas Eve morning.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:24 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

"PS: Even though Libba Bray's The Sweet Far Thing isn't supposed to come out until December 26th, it's sitting out on the shelf at Barnes & Noble. If bookstores can do that, how come they don't put manga out when it's supposed to have been released??"

If bookstore stockers are anything like Best Buy stockers, it's because they don't usually bother checking release dates on stuff. Especially anime and manga, since unfortunately few people care about it. If no one complains that it's not on the shelf, they figure they're okay. Moral of the story: If you know it's supposed to be there and it's not, make someone check for you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM, December 26, 2007  

Moral of the story: If you know it's supposed to be there and it's not, make someone check for you.

This is a typical reenactment of what happens when I go to Borders.

*I go to the service desk*
"Can I help you?"
"Hi, yes, I'm looking for Volume # of Series Example, and it was supposed to be released on Date/Month, and I don't see it on your shelf. Do you have it in the back?"
"Let me check the computer. .... Yup, it says it was supposed to be out. Let me go look in the back."
"Okay."
*Time Elapses*
"It's somewhere back there, but it's under some other boxes."
"...I'd like to buy it. Could you get it?"
"It'll take too long to get it out."
"Can you show me where the boxes are, and I'll get it out myself?"
"No."
"I want to give your store my money. Can I buy the book, please?"
"Sorry, no."

I just.....WTF! This has happened to me multiple times, too.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:22 PM, December 26, 2007  

Post a Comment