wOct 11, 2007


WBF: Library Sale

This year, I'm actually going to keep up with blogging about the Wisconsin Book Festival! Last year, I never did blog about Lois Lowry, Neil Gaiman, or the cool ghost hunting talk I went to. :( Sadness. So, I'll start by posting a list of books I got (for $2 each!!) at the Friends of the Library Sale:

The Beautiful and Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald (gorgeous paperback!)
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
Night Watch - Terry Pratchett (I've never read any Pratchett. I figure I should, at some point.
Middlemarch - George Eliot The copy is pretty ugly, but it actually matches my copy of Mill on the Floss, so whatever.
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
The Onion Presents: Our Dumb Century, 100 Years of Headlines
The Onion, Ad Nauseam, Volume 13
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days, Volume 5 (!!! It's really rare to find manga at these sales!)

Sweeeet! I think this was one of the best hauls I've had at the Library Sale so far (I've been going every semester!). It's probably because I got there about 20 minutes after the sale started (and then missed the first couple minutes of my following lecture). You can pay $5 to get in Wednesday night, but usually only dealers looking for rare books do that.

As an added bonus, the person checking me out freaked out about my wonderful taste in books, and I further impressed her by pulling out my own pink Hello Kitty bookbag to carry them in. LOL, I love this campus.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 6:53 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

OMGs, Jackies, I also own The Onion, Ad Nauseam, Volume 13! I got it when Sci-fi Club went to Frugal Muse right after watching the new Resident Evil movie. I highly recommend you check out the picture on page 170. (It's really the reason I bought the book.)

By Blogger Gordon, at 10:32 PM, October 12, 2007  

OMG BSG RAZOR!!!! and I THINK WE WILL BE HOME TOGETHER FOR IT!!! PARTAY AT RYAN'S!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:54 AM, October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment