wSep 30, 2007


Home again

I am back in Madison! The ride back was long and boring. :( My mom made BLT sandwiches for lunch for the two of us, and I brought back a huge container of homemade cookies made by Chad's mom. Which is probably good for him, because after a weekend of visiting Kristy in Chicago, he looks tired, sick, and freaking out about homework. Sickness seems to be going around. While home, I got a sore throat, and have had a bit of a runny nose. I intend to drink lots of tea.....must not get sick!

I'm actually looking forward to doing yard work this week (my assigned house chore from this last weekend), but I think it's going to have to wait until I hand in my paper on Tuesday. YOU KNOW, THIS PAPER FROM HELL? Seriously, I can't remember the last time I had such difficult in writing a paper. I've finally got three pages, but there is a minimum requirement of four. If anyone has some free time to look at a paper in the next day, please let me know! I'll send it to you, in all of its crappy glory, and you can let me know if there's anywhere that it's glaringly in need of expansion.

Upon arriving home, I made my room festive for autumn with the stuff I bought with Mom, Julie, and the kids at a pumpkin patch:



Yes, that is a Jane Austen action figure on the right, with Freya (Final Fantasy IX) on the left.

Last weekend, I received Zadie Smith's White Teeth in the mail from Bookmooch, and all I want to do is curl up and read it. Too bad I can't! At least Geek.Kon is this weekend. There is something to look forward to!

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 7:40 PM
5 comments
5 Comments:

Read. White. Teeth.
Seriously, that book kicks five kinds of ass.

By Blogger Creighton Hogg, at 7:53 AM, October 01, 2007  

I'm jealous of your Jane Austen action figure.

I can look at papers in the future if you email me and give me like a day's or two notice... I'm sorry this one is being difficult.

Also, I miss you.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 4:50 PM, October 01, 2007  

C: I wannnnt to.......Maybe after Tuesday? Or possibly after Geek.Kon, and then next Monday's midterm. We'll see.

G: I miss you too! Will I see you at Geek.Kon? Thank you for the paper offer. I will keep you in mind!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 10:18 PM, October 01, 2007  

Yes! I will be at Geek.Kon! We should hang out!

By Blogger Gretchen, at 6:58 AM, October 03, 2007  

I LOVE THE EARTHY DECOR!!!!!! Good luck with the paper from hell!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:08 AM, October 05, 2007  

Post a Comment