wJun 27, 2007


:)

I don't even know where to begin. Yesterday's Senate budget session ended much more quickly than anticipated, especially after all that build-up. We were done by 7pm. So, I went out for dinner with my co-workers instead, and then milkshakes. Now that the budget is done, work is really slow. I'm playing chess and getting manga read, bwaha. I'm glad I get along so well with my co-workers. Today, I missed my bus and caught dinner with some co-workers at Noodles and then enjoyed some of the Concerts on the Square event. Every Wednesday, for some number of weeks, the Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra (or something) plays classical music, and people sit on blankets on the Capitol lawn and listen. There were cute babies everywhere, college students with wine and board games, and generally the most awesome atmosphere ever. Also, the weather was perfect tonight.

I finally visited the doctor on Monday, skipping interning at Bleak House to get my stomach issues figured out. I went 24 hours on a "clear-liquid diet," and have now been taking Prilosec. I hope that I don't have to keep taking 'the purple pill' indefinitely - it's kind of expensive. Also, I now only seem to feel sick in the mornings, which I guess is better than all day. Conversely, I haven't been very hungry at all, even at times when I should be. I don't notice it too much until times like now, when I should be sleeping, and there is a dull ache of hunger spread all over the bottom of my stomach. WTF, body. And no, world, I am not pregnant, despite it being the current running-joke of the page room.

I don't think I ever blogged about Saturday, but I did go with Antoine and Kristen to see "Serenity" on the big screen, and send our money to a charity that benefits women! Gretchen and Jaci and their friends were there, as was Sandy, a girl who we had met at Wiscon, and is a new LiveJournal friend of mine. Yay, people! After the movie, Antoine, Kristen, Sandy, and I went to Borders for some book-prowling and sci-fi/fantasy talk.

All in all, at the moment, life is good.

Current Music: Lucy - Anna inspi' Nana (BlackStones)

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:38 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Perhaps your problem is this: your stomach is not actually a stomach, but rather a giant knot of skeletal monkeys?

I heard domestic partnership benefits for state employees made it into the budget. Yays!

By Blogger Steph, at 2:16 AM, June 28, 2007  

Yeah, but keep in mind that that's the Senate's budget. The Assembly still has to pass their version, and the Republicans are the majority there. After each house passes its own (presumably very different, as they're run by different parties), then they make a Conference Committee, at which differences are hammered out. It is a good first step, but I still fear that it might not make it all the way.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:58 AM, June 28, 2007  

Post a Comment