wNov 13, 2006


No Solace Yet

So, crossing off "American Lit Paper" from that list of important dates on the sidebar of my blog did not feel nearly as good as I thought it would. This Shakespeare exam - I really feel like I know the plays better this time - say what you will about movie versions, but watching "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and "Merchant of Venice" definitely helped me remember characters. I didn't feel it was necessary for "Romeo & Juliet." There aren't many "Henry IV" movies, but I did find a comic version of at Half-Price Books - the same series as a Les Miz one I bought a couple weekends ago. Now I just have to dig my nose in and try to remember everything ever from the class notes, and figure out what went wrong on the last exam. At least with this class, I know I can get a C on the exam without trying. And I'll be trying.

Political Science, on the other hand, is a different story. I can't think about it right now. Later tonight, and more tomorrow.

So...for lack of anything else to say, I'll give you:

My Family is Skeptical of Antoine Due to His Allegiance in the Realm of Professional Sports...Part II
A Phone Conversation With My Sister
"So, I'm going to ask Mom if I can bring Antoine home for Thanksgiving. He's from Flint, and can't make it home to be with his family. Do you think she'll freak out?"
"I don't know, probably not."
"Okay. Well, yesterday on the phone, she said she didn't care if he died, because he wasn't a Packer fan."*
*an audible gasp*
"I know, right?"
"He's not a Packer fan?!"
"What the hell, Julie?! You care more that he's not a Packer fan than the fact that Mom doesn't care if he dies?!"
"Um...YEAH."

*I should note that she didn't say it LIKE THAT - it was a running conversation - but in the end, she did say it jokingly, yes.


Anyway, Mom said it would be okay (my dad has no real power in our family, and he was informed of the decision by me shortly thereafter) if I bring Antoine home with me for an extended Thanksgiving weekend next week, so I'm going to! I'm so excited! The best part will be when I go to work at ShopKo on Friday/Saturday mornings. I can just see my mom knocking on the door of my brother's bedroom, where he'll be sleeping. "Do you want me to make you breakfast?" "Do you want me to get a movie for you?" "Do you want me to make you a sandwich?" I fully expect the holiday weekend to be hilarious.

But first, I have to live through this week. :/

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:32 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Hahaha.

*guts fall out*
OH SHITS I need Thanksgiving now!

By Blogger Steph, at 6:20 PM, November 14, 2006  

I'm excited to meet Antoine!

By Blogger Jenny, at 9:24 PM, November 14, 2006  

You will survive! *sings the song for you* ooo, scary.

Good luck all around!

KMJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment