wNov 23, 2006


Happy Thanksgiving

Being away from school is so nice!

So, yesterday I drove back to Green Bay from Madison with Antoine and Chad. I kept thinking that it was way later than it already was, due to how quickly it got dark. But when we got home, it was only 6:30! Mom made chili, so we ate that. Then, my sister Julie and her husband Kevin and their 3 kids came over. Antoine and I went outside with the kids and had a prolonged battle with Dylan's two plastic lightsabers and large gun. Olivia was quick to incorporate drama into the fight - I was on her team with Amelia, and we were united against the Terrible Boys. But then, I was on Dylan's team - but really, I was only pretending to be on Dylan's team. Then, Amelia was suddenly my sister and Olivia was our Warrior Mother, who had to go fight Dylan. Dylan was intense about the lightsaber battles, and every time we started, would scream, "I've been sent here to kill you! I can't tell you who sent me..."

Kristy and Chad witnessed a bit of this drama that was played out on my front lawn. Eventually, Julie and Kevin left. Shortly thereafter, Heather called and so we went over to her house for a while to watch bad TV and see her sister Rachel and my friend Laura.

THEN, Heather, Ryan, Dave, Kristy, Chad, Antoine, and I all went to IHOP for some food. It was so good! Holy crap.

Then we came home and went to sleep. My mom is very proud of herself for finally having an excuse to clean all of my dad's stuff out of my brother's room, so that Antoine could stay in it.

Antoine's still sleeping, bwaha, but I guess that's good - hopefully he sleeps this late tomorrow, and then he'll only be awake for like, an hour and a half during the 8.5 hour shift I'll be working at ShopKo! Hopefully I can get some of my homework reading done, and won't be forced to make conversation with people who don't realize that no, I'm not a new employee.

Thanksgiving is today, and we'll be going to my cousin's house. My mom's side of the family is rather large, but there are a few cousins who won't be there. I hope that the experience won't be too traumatizing for 'Toine, :)

Labels: , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:29 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

At least Dylan didn't say: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die."

Good to know the Tgiv Day is going/probably went well. Mine, in fact, went well as well. Gordon looks strange without a beard and we took pictures of him with ridiculous facial hair, including a moustache and aviator glasses, looking like some creature from the 70s.

By Blogger Steph, at 12:14 AM, November 24, 2006  

Wow, that's SO COOL you brought Antoine home for Thanksgiving! I want to meet this man. Your nieces and nephew are teh cutest, I'm glad Dylan is following in his auntie's star wars-loving footsteps. I made my friends eat Thanksgiving dinner with me last night, it was pretty delicious.

Enjoy the break!! I'll be home in a week and a half!

By Blogger Gretchen, at 6:56 AM, November 24, 2006  

OH....MY...Gosh!!1 What a fun night! I'm glad to have seen all of you that night. YEY!! have fun for the rest of the weekend. >)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:06 PM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment