wAug 22, 2006


Bah.

I'm starting to feel a little reluctant to go back to school. I think this happens every time I have to move, though. I get so settled into my life, into my routine, into maximizing my time and spacing out my hobbies with people I want to spend time with, and also with obligations like work/school. But then, it's like all of your shit has to go in boxes and bags and then be unpacked in a different house. And then you'll spend at least a month hammering out your new routine.
And also, for as much crap as I give my family (in a totally teasing way), I'm going to miss them like hell.

Anyway.

Today I decided that the least I could do was go through the small mountain of books next to my nightstand and figure out if I'm selling any more of them, so I can take them back to Madison with me (I only got through half of them). My conclusion I acquired lots of random shit last year. I mean, some of it's pretty cool, but random nonetheless. Finds include (all of these are unread), but are not limited to:
A three-in-one deal of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, and Sir Orfeo, all translated by J.R.R. Tolkien.
A copy of Beowulf (no, it was not for class)
A "classic study in the psychoanalysis of literature" regarding Hamlet and Oedipus
A book of short stories by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Oh my God, this book about Pope John Paul II that I borrowed from this church library from a youth group I used to go to that I haven't been to since what, sophomore year in high school - I don't even know if the library is still there! Who steals books about the pope, seriously?? I'm going to hell.
No less than 10 books that make me think, "Why the hell did I buy these??" It doesn't matter if they cost me less than $1. Still not excusable.

Tonight I ate dinner with Laura and Lindsey, which was nice, as I haven't seen Lindsey since Christmas. Jennifer also spent some time with us. She's going back to school tomorrow! So, I guess even if I'm starting to drag my feet about going back to school (I'm sure I'll change my mind as soon as I get there), I have to do it anyway. That's what college is all about: peer pressure. Everybody else is doing it, so unless I want to be stuck in this town without all of my friends, I'd better do it too.

For as bitter of a person as I am, and how I am almost entirely incapable of showing affection,, and will make a joke out of almost every conversation I have so that I don't have to be honest....I really do care about my friends and family quite fiercely.

Current Music: Split - Suneohair
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:48 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

poor Jackie going to Hell because of a book o_o

have fun up there. Hopefully see you soon. It is a BITCH to move but so nice to get settled in.

By Blogger Tas, at 11:10 AM, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment