wJul 28, 2006


This post took me an hour SO YOU'D BETTER LIKE IT

This is mostly the post that would have occurred last night had I not been wigging out. It happens. AND THUS, YOU GET A LONGASS POST.

Story 1
The first story was about me going to the dentist yesterday morning. I've never had a cavity before. So after the hygenist was done cleaning my teeth, the dentist came in and was being all dentist-like, scratching metal against my teeth and doing other godawful things. At one point, he removes his instruments from my mouth and says, "You've got some decay on your top back two molars, okay." He reinserts the tools to exam my bottom row and I glare at him indignantly and he probes the inside of my mouth. "No! Not okay!" I want to say. The instant he removes his fingers, I say, "Some what, did you say, on my teeth?"
"Decay."
*blank stare*
(to the hygenist) "All right, we'll have to do some fillings." *leaves*
"Okay, Jackie, since you have cavities, we'll have to schedule an appointment---"
"Wait, I have a cavity?"
"Yes. You have two of them."
I am bewildered as I am led out to the desk.
I know I should not be this affected by it, but I was dejected about it for the rest of the day. Aren't cavities supposed to hurt?! I have been questioning my dental hygiene habits ever since. Steph can definitely vouch for the frequency with which I brush my teeth - nearly every time I eat something, I immediately go to the bathroom and brush my teeth because I can't stand it otherwise. If I'm unable to brush, I chew sugarless gum. I drink diet soda, which is sugar-free. WTF.

Story 2.
I've been meaning to open a credit card for some time now. Between cash, checks, and a debit card, I really have no need for using one, but apparently its good to have a "credit history" and whatever. So, I found this. They even offer the entire first season of Battlestar Galactica for free when you make your first purchase! Heehee! Note the picture of the credit card - underneath your name, it says "Galactica Fleet Member." I was pumped and randomly mentioned the card when eating corn on the cob last night with my sister and her family. Julie told me to show her the website after dinner, so we did. She started clicking on things and reading the fine print (my sister works for an insurance company, so hopefully she knows it was good?!). "How much money do you make in a year?"
"Ummm...I don't know? Depends on what ShopKo feels like."
"How many months have you worked at your current job?"
"Three years?"
"What's your mother's maiden name?"
"Julie....no....."
"Okay, they're going to send you an email. Don't be too stressed out if they don't accept you - you might have to pay rent for a while to build a credit history."
"WTF, you signed me up for the credit card?! Don't I have to ask Mom and Dad?!"
"Why would you? You need to build credit, Weena."
And that's how I tried signing up for my first credit card. And if it reads Galactica Fleet Member underneath my name, then so much the better.

Story 3:
Isn't a story so much as an image. But when I went to my sister's house last night, Dylan was dressed as a pirate and Amelia had a white foofy princess dress on from Halloween. The three of us went on the porch to shuck the corn. We were almost done, and as I was finishing the last ear, Dylan faced toward the street, brandishing his plastic sword above his head with both hands, screaming the Pledge of Allegiance. I don't know why. But the words "AND LIBERTY----AND JUSTICE-----FO' ALLLLLL!" were charming.

What else?

Aha! There were apparently flash floods today in Madison. Too bad I wasn't there to witness it - it certainly would have been an adventure. Random people on LiveJournal provide pictures of flooded streets and people traveling the city in canoes. Badass. Link 1. Link 2. Bonus Link: From the thunderstorm a few nights ago - very cool lightning-at-night images.

Jason was here today, so I hung out with him. We watched M. Night Shymalan's "Lady in the Water." I liked it a lot, except for the annoying-as-hell teenagers who were in the theater. Seriously, wtf. The movie's not for everyone, but if you go in with no expectations and just enjoy the ride, it's fun.
Seeing Jason again was also nice. I love of my friends. There are so many of you and you're all awesome (and most of you read my blog! So....you! Yes, you! I <3 you! (Except Gordon)).

Current Music: Prelude to War from "Pegasus" and "Resurrection Ship" - Battlestar Galactica OST (Yes, AGAIN. It gets better every time. Tonight's dance included leaping and clapping. Pretty soon, I'll be able to join Riverdance)
THEN: Kirari*SeeraaDoriimu - Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (OMG even though I haven't watched in 3 months, I can still half-sing along in Japanese!)
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:03 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

I hate to break this to you, but diet soda still has all the wonderful acids that eat away at your teeth. While it's better than sugar soda, it can still give you cavities. How do you think I get so many cavities when I go on bi-monthly soda binges?

I have had a lot of cavities in my time (I was part of a little phenomenon called "mountain dew mouth" a few years back - http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20010904hsoda0904p4.asp), but I have yet to have one that hurts. They always ask if anything is hurting me tooth-wise when I go to the dentist and the only time I've ever said yes is when I was getting my wisdom teeth.

Sweet credit card. I've been thinking about getting a good one, but I'm not sure how Sci Fi would do for me. It is, however, perfect for you.

The pledge. Oh those babies lolz you never know what they're going to do next.

By Blogger Steph, at 3:22 PM, July 28, 2006  

I already told you this, but I'll post it on here too...

You are going to be the hero of all cashiers who scan your card. 'Galactica Fleet Member', holy crap, she must be important!

By Blogger Dave, at 5:08 PM, July 28, 2006  

I was terrified of the dentist ALL THE TIME until I got my first cavity. Then I didn't give a shit anymore.

hmmm, brushing is good, how often do you floss? :o *laughs*

OMG GALACTIC FLEET MEMBER SOOOOO COOOL! *points and giggles*

apparently spring street flooded too, which is where my apartment is for next year *gets nervous* at least I live on the 3rd floor, no worries. Sweet pics though

speaking of pics, don't you owe us some?

By Blogger Tas, at 10:24 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment