wJul 9, 2006


Pirates, History, Travel, and Mom.

Some friends and I went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" tonight. The experience almost didn't happen - the first theater we went to was sold out, so we drove to the east side and went there instead. Score! We got into a show that started a half-hour before the one we had planned to see, and the tickets were $2.25 cheaper! Bay Park Square is really ridiculous about its ticket price-gouging - it costs $9.25 to see a movie! At the rate they're going with jacking prices, you'll soon be able to just purchase the DVD with the money you spend to see it in the theatre!

Anyway, I absolutely adored the movie and you can read my fangirlish squeeing here in the LiveJournal. Spoilers abound, so don't read it if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled.

You may or may not have noticed a new box on the sidebar called "Posts of Note." It's by no means finished - I've had this blog for almost five years now, so it's going to take a while to go through things and put them there. But going through my blog is really amusing. It's nice, having had a record for so long. It's delightful to see how much I've grown both as a writer and a person. Seriously, I do apologize though - I am such a bitch in so many of the comments and posts. Wow. Why you guys put up with me and my angst and anger, I'll never know. I have good friends, from high school through now.

A lot of my friends have been studying abroad and stuff in the last year, or will be in the next year. I would like to do it very much, but it seems like it's something that needs to be planned, and since I didn't know what I was doing major-wise until like, a semester ago, I had no plan. So I have no travel. I guess it'll be okay, though. I still have two years. And, oh yeah, the rest of my life. But the reason I mention it is because the Pope is in Spain, and I believe my friends Lindsay and Laura are able to see him right now. Those whores!

My mom definitely made the best dinner ever tonight, which consisted of roasted vegetables and steak. We also watched a Lifetime movie about a girl and her mother who were bounty hunters. One day, perhaps, that will be me and Mom. That would certainly solve my wtf-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life problem.
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:22 AM
6 comments
6 Comments:

The posts of note were good choice. I know I might be biased on a good portion of though :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:25 AM, July 09, 2006  

Mmm, bounty-hunterage sounds wonderous.

By Blogger Tas, at 11:35 PM, July 09, 2006  

I've got Jackie's back on this one, Creighton. The shaggy dog look did wonders for that Norrington guy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 AM, July 10, 2006  

Ogre: I'm glad you like them! I'm nowhere near finished, though...I'm kind of afraid of how long the box will become, lol.

Creighton: I'm glad you guys liked it! I am also amused that I have this much control over which movies you and Carolyn watch, bwaha. Norrington definitely WAS hot. So hot, in fact, that Antoine can affirm the fact without making me question his sexual orientation (Antoine, you are straight, right?? Otherwise that will sound weird). WE WILL PWN YOU IN A FIGHT.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 11:24 AM, July 10, 2006  

But I didn't question it BECAUSE he thinks scruffy!Norrington is hot. It was, like, an afterthought.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:28 PM, July 10, 2006  

You know that something's gone right in your life if the topic under discussion is your sexual orientation.

(And, yes, I am straight. So your comments are no weirder than expected. Which is pretty weird. Fragment.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment