wJul 31, 2006


A Fluff Post Written Last Night

Life has been pretty good lately. I worked a lot last week, as I think I mentioned in here already. On Friday, I spent the evening hanging out with people I hung out with a lot in high school, but haven't been as much lately, so that was good. I also watched the last 6 episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena that night. And, wow. I sobbed at least 4 times, which is ridiculous, even for me (I basically never cry in real life, but when it comes to movies and the like, I am SUCH A SAP). *sniff* I think Revolutionary Girl Utena might be my favorite series. I don't know. I'll need to watch some Cowboy Bebop again and decide.

On Saturday, Ryan and I passed the evening together. We ate at the mall, read books, ate $1 sundaes from McDonald's, watched an episode of Monster and then got upset because none of the rest of the episodes (like, 35-50) will play on my computer! WHAT WILL WE DO?!, bemoaned the fact that there is no new Battlestar Galactica until October, realized that I have an episode burned on to a disc and promptly watched it, and then watched Blood: The Last Vampire. I, of course, fell asleep.

Today was a productive, familial day, which was good. My sister fed me and I read to her children and tried to teach Dylan how to spell his last name (my mom fears that he will fail at life unless he learns this before kindergarten - but the kid is 5, and they have a long last name!). My parents returned from Up North and Mom even brought me steak from Romagnoli's (OMG it was so good!).
I was productive because I hauled ass on this book I need to read for the class I'm taking this summer. I'll definitely finish it tomorrow, and then I'll have two weeks to write this paper. I can do it!

Apparently a tree or something landed on a power line behind my house. The power went out for about an hour earlier this evening. Mom and I were extremely distraught for 5 minutes - her for lack of television and me for lack of Internet. Once we procured a flashlight and a book light, we picked up books and were then okay.

Tonight I made a Last.fm profile. It keeps track of what music you listen to. I haven't really figured all of it out yet, but it looks fun to keep track of and see what other people listen to. Now you too can see how sporadic my music tastes are - for example, this evening - Battlestar Galactica war music to Grey's Anatomy theme song and Sixpence None the Richer to Beethoven's Ave Maria to System of a Down.

I should probably tell my Mom that I signed up for a credit card. I'm trying to think how best to phrase "Mom, I am now a Galactica Fleet Member."
scribbled mystickeeper at 10:46 AM
4 comments
4 Comments:

If the episodes won't play because of a codec problem you can try this:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

It played them on my computer.

By Blogger Louise, at 12:51 AM, August 01, 2006  

I don't think it's a codec problem. It's like, I open the folder that contains the files, and when I right-click on the file, the computer freezes. Not just episode 35, but all of the ones after it, too.

I'll probably try again, but for now, I'm downloading them again, :/

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:55 AM, August 01, 2006  

last.fm is awesome. the older audioscrobbler client was pretty baisc and dumb, but the new last.fm program is so sexy and sleek and fckn awesome.

you should put a weekly chart on tvfn, once you have a weekly chart.

By Blogger uriah heep, at 12:55 PM, August 02, 2006  

That could be cool. I'm not sure it would fit on the sidebar, though. I'll try playing around with it.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:14 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment