wJun 9, 2006


would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Okay, seriously?

So, I was going to write things, but now I don't really feel like it. Life has been a little boring the last couple of days. Last night, I watched Grey's Anatomy with my mom (Dad also joined us for an episode, which was interesting). The show is a whole new experience with my parents. "Mom, don't leave the room, it's a good part!" "I know; it's a tumor, I already figured it out." " :O " Except, you know, I didn't actually say :O
Tonight, I watched the CardCaptor Sakura movie. These are things I shouldn't write about in my blog because they make me look like a loser. YOU KNOW MY SECRET NOW!

I'm going Up North tomorrow, and I'm pretty damn excited about it. Even if it's only for one night. Even if we're not going out to eat. Up North is the one thing that never, ever changes. (Except a few years ago when we got a new trailer, but whatever) It better not freaking rain, because I intend to lie on the dock in my swimsuit and read. And it will be great.
And I will listen to good music the whole way there and back, and use up a lot of AA batteries doing so.

I've been having the itch to work on my story lately, so maybe I will. You know, when I finally do.

I think that I now have another job, so that's kind of cool. Since my other job only gives me 10 hours per week. This one is taking care of the son of a co-worker of my mother, who has Down syndrome. I go to meet him on Monday, and I am really excited. I think this might mean my hours at the internship will be more broken up, instead of in one huge chunk.

I was going to write more about this quote, but I don't know what to say, really. It's from Grey's Anatomy (hopefully, my gushing over this show will subside once I stop rewatching season 2!), and was said by Cristina, to George (after Meredith 'did the bad thing'): "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap, and start demanding more."
Obviously, sometimes we can't prevent crappy things from happening. But I think I'm definitely at the point where I am ready to bitchslap myself in the face and stop settling for what's safe. Hopefully I'm also ready to stop wordlessly accepting the crap offered to me by those around me, too. That'd be good.

I should mention that apparently, ShopKo feels it's necessary to open an hour early when having a 5-hour sale. I disagree. It could definitely be from 8-1. 7-12? Who gets up that early on Saturday? Seriously.

Current Music: Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:13 PM
4 comments
4 Comments:

Lol! Im also watching Greys with my parents and my mom actually waits and ask when Greys starts every week.

Belive me you're not a loser cause if so you'll have to conclude me in there and I don't want to be categorize by that title :P

CAUSE WE'RE NOT LOSERS!
we're just.. special.. and kinda pathetic that we're addicted and I guess you remmember almost every moment and watch reruns in a loop.

oh and that quote I like it so much.. christina rocks.

and V.nice blog!

have a nice week [:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM, June 10, 2006  

The breadstore opens at 7 on Saturday's too...it makes me glad that I close more often than not...

People who roam the streets on Saturdays at 7 are crazy.

By Blogger Louise, at 9:47 AM, June 11, 2006  

OoooOO!! does this mean you'll do Julymo this year? purdy please????

*jumps up and down*

7 am (and then 8 am) are the two times my roommate got in after Friday and Saturday night, resp. Woohoo, exciting!

I miss you :P

KMJ

By Blogger Tas, at 5:31 PM, June 11, 2006  

OMG, Carolyn, go us!! Thank you for the compliment on the blog, :) Did you find me through LiveJournal??

Louise - yeah, what the hell. I guess bread is more understandable because it could be considered a necessity, or at least a breakfast food. DVD player? Not so much.

Kristen - I don't know about Julymo....I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to write that much, with my jobs and internship, and I would just get upset with myself. If I can get myself to start, to make it a habit, and to work on it continuously, I'll consider it a triumph no matter how many words I write, :)
Sounds like your roommates are party animals!
I miss you too, and hope you're kicking ass in Toledo!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:11 PM, June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment