wJun 1, 2006


I love it when unplanned alliteration happens.

Oh. And regarding the new link just below the blog banner - yes, there will eventually be more than one book for sale. I actually forgot that that was going to show up when I updated. ....The end.

The last couple of days have been a bit strange, really. I was gone Saturday/Sunday and came home to an empty house. My parents returned on Monday, and then they worked full days Tuesday and Wednesday and left early this morning to go to Chippewa with my aunt and uncle to visit my grandparents' graves. It's really weird being all alone in the house. And I keep thinking to myself, this is what it's going to be like when you live alone. 25% of the time, I'm very much okay with the thought, but 75% of the time, the thought of living alone scares the hell out of me. I'm a basket case enough as it is. Yet, once this college/school thing is over with, I can't really see anything else happening.

I feel like I have a lot of other things to say, but they're all really boring, like how I started playing Final Fantasy I today (The first FF had no plot and no characters! But it is still addicting!) or how I bought Howl's Moving Castle last night, after going to Barnes and Noble and wandering around for an hour before leaving, having not even purchased an overpriced beverage from Starbucks. These are specific things that nobody really cares about.

I could also discuss Missed Opportunities here, but they are of a nature that is better left unsaid because People are Watching. All you really need to know is that I am perfectly happy to have missed them, at least thus far.

I wonder if I will ever grow tired of the countless methods of escapism that I have developed over the years. Books were my primary source for many years. I then discovered good movies, then the Internet (my new primary source), then anime, then Final Fantasy RPGs, then West Wing and other various television programs.
I don't really know what it is that I'm escaping from. The longer I sit and ponder on what I could possibly be trying to get away from, the more I become convinced that it is a boredom that adamantly refuses to be satiated by anything even remotely resembling realism.
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:47 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment