wMay 26, 2006


This is one of my stranger posts.

I really hate when my computer freezes for no reason and the Blogger ‘recover post’ feature does not, in fact, recover my post! Bastards!

I really hate that the later at night it gets, the more hyper I get. I keep getting more and more giggly. It’s really annoying when I want to go to sleep. I lie in my bed on my back in the dark and keep breaking out into giggles because I think of funny things. (This also happens to me every time I go to church, although at church I usually just smirk a lot). I get really tired during the day, but it doesn’t matter how exhausted I am after 11:00 pm. Suddenly, I’m more awake than I was all day. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME??

I just found out this evening from my Poli Sci advisor via email that I can, in fact, receive 3 credits for my internship this summer. HECK YEAH. Apparently it involves "a series of written work and readings." :/ Oh well. My internship kicks ass, unlike my job. During a lull at work today, as I was leaning against my register, I pondered how many hours of my life I had spent in that exact same spot. I then decided that life was better if I didn't know. I guess one good thing about my job is the people who work there. Mostly the same people have been there the entire that I have (this is my fourth summer there), so by this point, we're all pretty much friends.

I think this weekend is going to kick ass. I'm going to visit Steph and Gordon, and might possibly go Up North as well. I really need to figure out a way to get CDs to play in my car. That or buy a lot of AA batteries and use my portable player. Or rent a lot of books on tape. If I had a boyfriend, I would make him go on these journeys with me. And we would talk about things in the car for a long time, like how no matter what town I'm in while I'm driving, I always want to stop in every gas station, antique store, and restaurant and look around. Or, in the case of bars, sit for a long time and watch people. We would also discuss The Things I Observed on C-SPAN, because I can't really think of anybody else who cares, except maybe Chad.

My dad is fine, in case any of you were wondering. He is currently curled up on the couch in his ugly flannel blanket, sleeping to the History Channel.

OH. I've been wanting to say this for a really long time, but it never seemed like a good time. But now that it's nigh on 1:00 am and I need to make myself wake up sometime around 8:00 and I'm really hyper, I think that now is that time. So here I go. I really can't stand it when people start sentences with adverbs. I started to notice it in the writing of Janet Evonovich and Chuck Palahniuk. Both write a lot of sentences with "Probably he wanted to blahblahblah...." The point being that the sentence starts with the word 'probably.' NOT ALLOWED. It should be "He probably wanted to blahblahblah" If the word is an adverb, it should go before the verb, and not the noun. I don't think that this is an actual rule, but maybe a preference. But it sounds better, and it makes more sense. Still, people write like this all of the time and it pisses me off.
Wow. I totally feel so much better now (please notice how 'totally' preceded the verb, but came after the noun!).

Okay. I think I'm going to try and go to bed now.

Or lie in the dark and giggle for no reason.

Current Music: Trigun on Cartoon Network (omg Wolfwood just killed that guy and now Vash is mad at him! Milly gave him disappointed!eyes! The angst!)

OMG I WANT ONE!
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:02 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment