wMay 2, 2006


Buying Honor

I am waiting for my Semesterly Wave of Inadequacy/Angst to hit. I'm sure you'll know when it does, ;)

That's right; my papers are finished! After those two monstrosities, I feel like finals will be a piece of cake (Not really. But allow me a few hours of bliss, please.). Clearing the 18 presidency books off of my desk felt really good. I think I enjoy writing political science papers more than I do English papers. I should read more non-fiction.

I think we should all give Chad a round of applause for being a good friend. He has cooked me lots of dinners lately, including steak tonight (SO GOOD). Also, he tracked down a book for me yesterday when I had no time that was necessary for my paper. GO CHAD.

How does one know when an organization is crap or not? For example, I've received at least 5 requests to join these random honor societies/"sororities". I am naturally suspicious because while my GPA is not abysmal, it is below a 3.5. Hopeful, I always check out the websites, and always find that the organization offers a "lifetime membership." For paying $50-$100, I receive a document. I also earn the right "and privilege of listing this membership on applications, professional credentials, curriculum vitae, and résumés." Is this for real? When you apply for a job, would having this on your application actually help? "I didn't make Dean's List, but golly gee, this group you've never heard of that sounds prestigious collected $50 from me so I can list their name right here on my resume!" Here is an example.

Oh, and I uploaded pictures to a LiveJournal gallery thing of stuff here in Madison. You all should be able to view it. Here you go.

Current Music: Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying - Fall Out Boy
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:59 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

Wow. That Chad sounds like an amazing guy. I would really like to know more about him. I noticed that another blog mentions the good doings of Chad. Maybe you should write more about him and someday maybe you will introduce me to the amazing, selfless, kind and honest person you call Chad.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment