wApr 12, 2006


Nice weather and a conclusion to a story

It was really, really nice outside today. I detest sweltering heat, or anything above 75, really. Today was t-shirt weather with a soft, healthy breeze. I spent time by the lake and it was glorious.

I suppose I should let you know how my meeting with my English professor went. It's only fair, after the wallowing angst-ride I coasted through on Friday. To be succinct, nothing happened. To elaborate - I walked in and started talking, but as soon as I handed him the two papers I've handed in thus far, he just started reading them and telling me why he agreed with the comments, and giving me tips. I manage to slip in once that I had in some way communicated with my TA three times before handing the paper in only once out loud to the prof, but he kind of just kept talking. He obviously agreed with what my TA was saying, and I didn't want there to be a huge...thing. I do like my TA - he is very knowledgeable about what we're doing and extremely helpful in providing context. I guess that's part of why I was so upset. Anyway, I didn't want to turn it into me being angry. This is basically exactly what I had assumed would happen.

He did give me some helpful hints, though; so that's good. It was really bizarre, though. All of the tips he was giving me were things that I used to say to my classmates in high school when I corrected their College Credit English papers. He must have noticed my glazed-over look, because he kept asking, "Do you understand what I'm asking?" "Yeah..." It's just....really weird. Did I lose some massive amount of intelligence or motivation since coming to college? Or did my skill-level stay the same, while the standards increased sharply? I don't know.
All I can do is try to be pro-active, so I've already given the TA a draft of things I'm thinking of writing about for the next (and final) paper.

Thank you to all of you who left comments here, or otherwise contacted me with advice. It really has helped a lot. I won't give up on my dreams - although to be honest, I really don't have any dreams for myself, which is the source of much angst for me. Most people have wild dreams but don't know how to get there and are stuck pining for something they can't have. I don't even have the wild dream - just aimless wandering and having absolutely no idea where to go. I guess we'll just have to sit back and see where I end up.
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:17 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment