wApr 28, 2006


Ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive. Staying Alive (Finals Mantra)

I know you all really want to know what the status of my academic life is. Well, I'll tell you. The Asian American Women Writers presentation is done. I feel like my contribution was horrible. But, it's done.
My Milton paper is now a completed draft. I even took it to a Writing Center satellite today and had it looked at. It is currently 4.75 pages long, and needs to be 7-10. With the changes that I need to make, I am confident that this will somehow happen. A little work every day until it's due, and we'll be good.
I have yet to start the Presidency paper. It needs to be 10 pages long.
I guess we know what I'll be spending my Friday doing.

So apparently the SciFi channel is making a spinoff of Battlestar Galactica called "Caprica." Link.
Link 2. It takes places 50 years (?) before the current series.
The people of the Twelve Colonies are at peace and living in a society not unlike our own, but where high-technology has changed the lives of virtually everyone for the better. But a startling breakthrough in robotics is about to occur, one that will bring to life the age-old dream of marrying artificial intelligence with a mechanical body to create the first living robot -- a Cylon. Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the Battlestar Galactica) Caprica weaves corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga.
YAY FOR SEXUAL POLITICS. Someone in the BSG community left a comment that said, "So basically it's The West Wing?" Hee, hee! "Family saga" makes me think of Leave it to Beaver, though. Which, in a way, would be ridiculously amusing.
I really wish the SciFi Channel didn't feel compelled to make 8 incarnations of everything that sells. Especially while the primary series is still in production. But, that said, I kind of hope it's terrible so that we can all laugh at it. I hope they pick a night that isn't Friday or Saturday to show it. Knowing my luck, they'll put it during Grey's Anatomy's timeslot.

I will now make a list of life goals.

Jackie's Life Goals:
  • Graduate from college with 2 degrees majors
  • Devote 1-2 years to service, ie: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach for America, or Something Equally Cool
  • Own a dog and name it "Bandit" (I was really excited about this until Steph told me it was a cliche pet name. TOO BAD.)
  • Make more life goals

Current Music: "Shackled" - Vertical Horizon
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:10 AM
4 comments
4 Comments:

Jackie! YOU SAID THE WORD MANTRA!! YOU WHORE!!! STOP ACQUIRING BIG ANNOYING WORDS!!!! ok... i'm sorry but at work, it's like their favorite word. MANAAAAAAAAAAAnntra. Eww

I'll forgive you though but...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSH!

SOOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAPRICA

Life Goals: those are cool. I especially enjoyed the part about Peace Corps. And I like the dog named Bandit too. It totally fits the Jackie Realm.

DANKA

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:36 AM, April 28, 2006  

Ryan: "Mantra" is only 2 syllables long.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 10:58 AM, April 28, 2006  

The "N"was an accident..



~Ogre

P.S. I hate you

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:11 PM, April 28, 2006  

YOU LOVE ME.

;)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:14 PM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment