wFeb 17, 2006


So tired, ;_;

I've been experiencing lots of angst and self-loathing the last 36 hours or so, but I assume that it will dissipate after classes are finished tomorrow morning.

I am not looking forward to taking this English midterm at all. We've been told a few times that it's basically going to be pass/fail - you can either do it or you can't. And while I've been okay with everything in class thus far, test-taking is not my strong point. But I guess that all you can do is all you can.

It snowed a lot last night and during the day today. I woke up to hear thunder and obnoxious girls in the hallway. Outside, the streets and sidewalks were completely unplowed until after 1:00 or so. Around 4:00, everything turned to slush. It's difficult enough to try and navigate the sidewalks simply because of the high volume of people walking on them, but the addition of snow makes it even worse. Not knowing where the curb ends is frightening. I have to stick my arms out to maintain balance. No one else seems to find this necessary. Oh well. Apparently the night classes were canceled tonight; maybe I won't have to take tomorrow's midterm after all?

I've been thinking about that Mohammad cartoon ever since I wrote that huge post, and basically what I've decided is this: if the Danish wanted to print it in the first place, then fine. But everybody just keeps reprinting it, and it's like, what the hell is your problem? On our campus, The Badger Herald (The Daily Cardinal's inferior rival) decided a couple days ago that it would be good to reprint the Mohammad cartoons. Freed of expression is fine, but you have to have reasons for doing the things you do.

I do dislike The Badger Herald, but I must admit that their Shout-Out section is a great way to procrastinate. Here is my favorite: Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Current Music: Savior - FF7: Advent Children OST
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:03 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

OUr school was all set to be cancelled today but then like at 5am, ROTC was like oh wait......just kidding. WHORES >O Then chem and ASL followed with whorishness of resuming classes as scheduled. I want to hear Thunder AGAIN! You guys had quite the storm though! Looks like little old green bay was shut down.

BSG tonight. OH and my BSG friend will give me Scar tonight and we plan on watchin this next lovely episode after work.

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:10 AM, February 17, 2006  

I accidentally read an editorial from the Herald yesterday about that whole thing- apparently they have a column for the "public editor" to weigh in on whether the Herald should do things or not. This guy said that they had the right to print the cartoon, but the way they went about it was ridiculous and totally unprofessional. I was like, "Word."

By Blogger Gretchen, at 9:18 AM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment